Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    It has been suggested that if you want to show, search for a used copy of the organizations SOB. But to answer your questions, I do not think that bantam cuckoo is recognized by either org. You can sometimes show birds under the title <any other> but you should check with the people at the show who make the qualifications.

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Got this naked neck girl from byc member New To Farming along with another hen and their 15 chicks.Also pics of the naked neck chicks.[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    that is one cute chick.

4. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    very cool you got to meet another NN/TT person! congrats on new birds, you know at least two of those chicks have the dark skin gene?

5. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Hawks suck. around here they leave adult standard and large fowl alone.. have to keep the chicks confined 24/7 during hawk season(winter thru mid spring). They're so bad they will swoop on a chick within 10 mins of it getting out of a coop.. very upsetting!

also, lucky Brian is a handsome roo!

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Yes, Her and her husband were wonderful people and I was glad to have met them.The hen I believe was a blend of naked neck,silkie and salmon faverolle.The dad? she had silkie males,silkie mix males,showgirl males.

7. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Haha that is cool. doesnt seem like a gynandromorph right now.. seems he has rooster feathers in same amounts on each side of neck? I haven't a clue why the comb and wattles are like that. Be an interesting guy to follow up on as he matures, that's for sure...

quote:

8. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Nice. Either of you plan on dark skins with the salmon faverolle coloring? that'd be pretty..

9. Georgia Boy 1970

I can't speak for NTF,Most of her flock came to stay with me,due to a move out of state and a new job.I don't know as of yet about that particular hen.But these two hens that I believe are of similiar breeding also from NTF will be bred to a partridge silkie also pictured and the naked neck rooster also from NTF.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. NewToFarming

NewToFarming Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Millersburg, PA
    GeorgiaBoy.... Thank you for posting pictures! It looks like they are doing well and I miss those 2 girls! [​IMG] Heck, I miss them all! Today will be my last day with internet until the 30th when it can be connected up in PA. I will have alot of catching up to do! You will have to post pictures of the chicks from your pairings!

Kev... The dark skinned Fav colored turken would be pretty. I have a white skinned Fav colored turken now. My breeding is at a halt right now until I get a better setup up in PA.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by