Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

What about pairing these two?[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Georgia Boy 1970

[​IMG]

3. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    A lot would be similar to that polish pullet, with more or less gold color. Flecks could be blue/grayish or black.

I say a fun cross- lots of color possibilites in the F2 etc

4. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    What do you get with a pure white NN male with a NN red female?

A buff?

5. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    white hides other colors so it would be difficult to predict. Below is the best place for chicken genetics

http://kippenjungle.nl/basisEN.htm It takes forever to learn all this stuff but it is a good place to start the adventure.

6. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    right- white is not a color, it is really a 'stop' to putting any color in the feather... so a white chicken can be any color or pattern under that white. plus there are two different kinds of white, one dominant, one recessive... they give totally different results too.

dominant white- mostly white chicks, some will eventually show some buff/red as they grow. Some *might* turn out white tailed reds similar to Brian the roo posted a couple pages ago.

recessive white, probably black chicks(recessive white on a black chicken can give a crisper, cleaner white so a lot of these are genetically black), eventually showing some red or white as they grow.

if you got your white from show breeder and it has very clear yellow legs, chances are it has cuckoo. The barring/cuckoo helps with clearing the legs to a clean yellow or white. if the roo is a white with cuckoo, then all chicks will be cuckoo, also some will start to show red or white areas as they grow.

but bottom line is you won't really know until the chicks are hatched and then you can make guesses what genes the white rooster has under the white.

7. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Good thing I have two black females to use :D
    My girls started to lay around 23 weeks. One is still not laying, and they are 27 weeks old. You guys wanted pictures of the new chicks, here they are. I have 4, and they are all barred and have naked necks. :) Brian was not the daddy :p [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] This one has dried goo. Need to use a warm wash cloth tonight to clean it up. I did a bit, but it's still like that. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Ooooo that heat lamp feels nice.

8. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Here's a few of my naked necks..

This guy is only like 3.5 months old and big for his age, he always escapes the cage that's why.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Another rooster that's older.

[​IMG]

My favorite rooster, he's a good rooster. My dad hates him for some reason lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This hen I call her tiki head cause her head is small but she is a great mother and a diva.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  9. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    When I done that color crossing ( course mine was with a EE) the Buff Laced caused the offspring to be a paint (white with black splotches).

Now when I crossed the Buff Laced to a Silver EE I got Buff Laced (my 1/2 Pol-1/2 EE roo).

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  10. Georgia Boy 1970

He is actually a red crested red polishXbuff laced polish cross.Will that mean I could see some color from crossing that pair?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by