Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Knock Kneed Hen

Knock Kneed Hen California Dream'in Chickens

Feb 15, 2010
    So. Cal.
    Georgia Boy, I call that window shopping...since I can't own them all I like to go back and admire the old photos. You're right on our little splash frizzled NN's. My little girl is very friendly and is prone to going broody in the spring.

2. Easter eggers

Easter eggers Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 4, 2011
    Okay quick breeding question. If I get 2 nn pullets and a cockerel from the same parents can I breed them? I would think not but I thought I'd ask thanks

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Yes you can.

4. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I have a question about the frizzled chickens, how are they for cold and heat tolerant? Is it affected by the feathers all wonky?

5. aoxa

My sizzle George is 5 years old and has survived this long with no added heat ;)

Frazzles (double dose) will not do well in the cold at all.

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I hope mine does the same.I want to get away from using an incubator as my only source of hatching.When I took in some of New To Farming's flock.She entrusted me with lots of broody mamas.You should post some pics of her and her babies if you have any.

7. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

I agree with aoxa.Here in georgia we have a damp cold.My frizzles get along fine without any added heat.Mine are kept in the dry and have a place to go to get out of any wind or drafts.Are you thinking about getting some frizzles?

8. aoxa

Can anyone tell me how NN are cold hardy? I have heard it time and time again, but it doesn't make logical sense to me.

Surprisingly my NN are laying really well while all the others are slowing down.

9. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I think I would like to add that to my genetic soup, they always make me smile when I see them.

10. aoxa

Make sure you don't have a frizzled hen and a frizzled rooster in the same pen. Other than that, have fun :D I love the frizzle feathers! Makes me laugh :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by