Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Are they easy to breed? Also, how many eggs do they lay a week? My hen isn't laying

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The hooda's started laying today. They are still just pullet eggs, but thier boyfriend is a BBR rumpless tufted araucana, hummmmmmmmm??? [​IMG]

3. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

Gorgeous.Now that would be a unique cross.

4. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    If you mate your NN hen, after she is old enough, to your silkie rooster the next generation will give you showgirls. Showgirls are NN silkies and they are popular, unique and have more of the urge to be broody from their silkie side of the breed. Actually any rooster bred with a NN will eventually make NN chicks if bred back to the NN hen. In other words after her chicks grow up breed the males back to the mother. This is how it is done and called in-line breeding.

But on the other hand, look for NN roosters in your area. Usually you can find a thread for where ever you live in the "Where are you threads"

5. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    NNs are usually good layers but this time of year with short daylight hours hens take time off to regenerate. How old is your hen ?

6. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Kassaundra "BBR rumpless tufted araucana, " please translate and post picture. Those girls are something else !!![​IMG] Such shinny green/black feathers.

7. Not sure.... Think about 10 months?

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    It's not quoting right now, this is response to flower's post

Okay you twisted my arm, you know how hard it is to get me to post pics of my chickens!!!!! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Ari, my black breasted red, tufted (feathers coming from his head) rumpless (has no tail at all down to the bones) araucana.

9. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    I would really love pictures of a NN chick with beard plus tufts.... I regret not saving to disk pictures of pure NN with tufts. Did not get to combine tufts, beard with NN though, will live vicariously though your hatches. ;)

a rumpless NN with a full size crest would be really something..!

as for the other question, only have pair of O-shamo, a trio of silver sussex and 30 NN.

10. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Ari is giving it his all!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by