Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Wow look at that blue in Ari's wing feathers. He is stunning !

2. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Thanks, they are actually black, but shine purple and green depending on the light. He is so bright he almost looks metallic.

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I'm with Flower on this! Beautiful boy!! :love

So I posted a while back about hatching 4 barred NN chicks. Two are black.. They look to have double dose of the NN gene, as they have those naked strips down the back and belly and a mostly naked butt. So Brian must be the daddy of those two. Mother could have been the black NN girls (Spock or Spock) or maybe Murtle who is reddish, though I vote one of the Spocks as the mother.

Will have to get some pictures soon. The barred NNs are outgrowing the two blacks.

4. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Can't wait to see the pics. I lost all my barred NN boys, they all died?????? None of the girls in that batch did, they are all healthy and happy, just started laying a couple of months ago. None of the barred were girls. I am guessing it was something genetic.

5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

None of my barred were girls either Kassaundra!

Out of these barred, at least one appears to be a male so far. Can't say on the other 2.

The two black NNs have pea combs as well, where only one of the barred ones do. I do not breed single combed NNs, as we like the green eggs they lay.

6. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    I didn't breed my barred NN's, the barring was from dominques so I had single and rose(ish) combs on my barreds. I like the colored eggs as well, and while I don't mind a small single comb, I don't find the big combs and wattles asthetically pleasing. My new NN boy has a weird cross of a single and ???? comb it is similar to the hooda's odd comb.

7. draye

draye Overrun With Chickens

Nov 30, 2010
    Arkansas
    Those weren't the ones that hatched from my eggs were they?
    I ended up with 1 barred hen from the same matings of the eggs you recieved from me.

8. Kassaundra

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    No, those eggs are where I got Mensa from, and I believe she was the only hatch from them.

9. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    Will be hatching NN eggs in Jan....you can have any roos I get!!!!!

10. YAY!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by