Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Canada is not know for HEAT!! [​IMG] [​IMG] How are your animals have they slowed down on egg production ?

2. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Georgiaboy Great pictures of your birds ! How old is the showgirl and is it the second generation of your breeding program. She (?) has a wonderful Nakeed Neck.

I hope that I can have a "program" in the future. I am thinking of a mix of Partridge Silkies, bantam NN and Hamburgs for their reputation for great survival skills. In fact I am in the process of relocation five hundred miles east of my present Location near Death Valley. So I will miss my habit of "BYC" browsing and posting for a few months. I'll miss all of my sweet friends here in southern California as I return to N AZ between the Painted Desert and the Grand Canyon.

3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

Not my NNs! [​IMG]

Currently laying are my Barred Plymouth Rocks, My Naked Neck Turkens, and one RSL x BR girl. Very slow indeed.

I don't supplement light either, so that's why the old girls have stopped. I try to keep winter hardy breeds.

4. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Thought I would post pictures of my one and only white NN. She sure is big at three months. I swear, she looks like she's point of lay..except that the comb isn't red enough, face yes, comb no.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    She was being a ham for the camera today, so I got quite a few. I think she's looking
    good..I just have to wonder, how much bigger is she going to get!?

5. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

45 minutes to an hour.

6. Georgia Boy 1970

Thanks

7. Georgia Boy 1970

He/she was hatched the first part of september.No not from my breeding pens,I bought eggs from a byc member and from ebay.The totally bare neck is what makes he/she one of my favorites.

8. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Cynthia12 My large fowl NN are hugh !! But they have been crossed with red laced blue Wyandottes which are also large. But as far as any other LF NN that I bought from hatcheries decades age they are big birds. And the females is still smaller than the males ! [​IMG]

You white hen is a BEAUTY but I wonder how long she will keep clean. I have several pure white birds and they never stay clean! [​IMG]
    No grass around here just dirt, sand and mucked up birdies.

9. Georgia Boy 1970

Real nice.Are you sure she is a she?Looks like spur bumps in the last pic.That is going to be one big naked neck chicken.

10. Georgia Boy 1970

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Some pics from today.Lisa,these are still feathering out solid white.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by