Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by josh44, Feb 25, 2010.

1. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    I was hoping the guineas and turkens would cross breed- even temporarily had a white guinea hen with a white rooster isolated to a pen but they never did and had to get rid of the guineas- worst birds ever!

Lisa, would those be ginger plants?

2. Georgia Boy 1970

Georgia Boy 1970 Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]
    My bare bottomed NN!
    Here are some photos of my new hatch! 4 NNs, 2 EEs, and 1 Wyandotte!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Becky,Gorgeous chicks.

3. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    cutest baby butt ever.

4. flower

flower Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    I want that baby, sooo cute. I'll bite, the plants looks like a cane but I am not familiar with cane or a sunflower with no bottom leaves. Tell us .

5. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    I like Kev's guess of ginger. I tried to grow ginger here but it is too dry.

6. Awwe, Becky, they look good! I have the camera charging and will get a pic this evening. There was just enough juice to snap that pic this morning.
    That chick looks like it got a dose of Fm.
    [​IMG]

Closecloseclose, it is sugar cane. I have about 50 starts in buckets in there and more canes rooting to cut (come on spring).

7. flower

May 16, 2009
    SW US Desert
    Sugar cane was my first guess but I have never seen it up close. What are your plans for it besides pleasure of it's sweetness ? That chick looks disconsolate very sad pose .

8. Kev

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    Sugar cane. I did wonder about some kind of grass, then some kind of clumping palm but no leaflet of any sort... Seed started or bury the canes completely..? tried to grow purple sugar cane but the heat and winters were too much for them. Now just stick to winter growing bulbs and some aloes(aloe ferox flowering for the first time this spring, yay)

9. Flowerbh

Flowerbh Overrun With Chickens

Mar 24, 2012
    Dawsonville, GA
    What is Fm?

10. I never have either. I don't know what to do with it other than I always wanted a 'sugar cane patch'. I bought 50 canes for $25. in late summer and sold about half of them for $1. ea, and saved the rest to plant. The tallest is almost 3' already.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by