Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Does anyone have a picture of what a white or light standard sized Turken that is missing the NN gene will grow up to look like? Had one today from a bonus hatching egg. She (if a she) is going to be a pet or a layer- we are not culling for genetics, as this is just a little backyard production flock/no roosters. :)

So some of my naked necks have bubbles on their necks does anyone have any idea what this is and how to fix it? Thanks any help is appreciated.

Hey DDD, do you have LF NN or just the bantams?
I have found I'm having a heck of a time finding the NN around my area. I'm not fully confident in day old chicks so kinda don't want to go the route of mail order hatchery.
Figured I would check with you since you are sorta kinda within driving distance for me.

so this is its neck its like full of air not sure whats going on but it dosent seem like its a big deal but i would like a second opinion on that if possible. Thanks

Okay so ive discovered the problem their crop got full so i had to take their food away for the night and only give them water so the could get rid of all that food so they will be fine. Thanks to eveyone who helped me out in this situation.

Ooooh! Pretty little babies, Flower! Good job, Nava! (I'd be jealous if I didn't ahve my own! Tee hee!) Gosh! Dontcha just wish you could have a NN of any an all colors imaginable?!! IDK if some aren't purebred, just to get some of the coooool colors would be stinkin' awesome!

EE - glad your NN's will be fine. I had one get a SERIOUS bulge and I was all WTH???? But it went down and I noticed the others' grew and shrunk if you obsessed enough to look constantly. So now I've stopped looking cuz it'll drive me nutzo.
wink.png

I gave up keeping my young rooster separate. He is behaving himself fairly well so I might be able to hatch out additional chicks since I have another broody hen.

Back
Top Bottom