Naked Neck/Turken Thread

It's probably because a lot of paints don't have barring, but I do have to mention that barring can reduce the amount of black on a white. Not impossible though. I've seen "blue paints"- the spots being blue instead of black and sort of have one- there was a chick with a single blue barred feather in the mix.

I will say it is very unusual to have so much black on the tail if it really is a paint.   Maybe it's not paint after all, but that black patch on chest screams paint to me.. hm.   Hope there are more pictures of that chick.

I'm rather liking the paint too..  if there is room to do so, might try to breed for larger patches on my birds. Or at least give a slight preference for birds showing the patches over solids..  this was originally a project for larger/heavier birds.

Bought cornish x chicks at feed store last fall.. they did not seem to grow so huge or fast, maybe they were one of those slow growing broiler strains but they were on feed restriction while growing up.   Most of the chicks were from a "cx" cockerel over my NN hens.

Paint has white tail with maybe some spots on it, right? That's why I thught not paint. And that spot on the neck.. I think that it is the cause of him being naked neck. If he was regulary feathered he would have layer of white covering it. (Everything that I said that is wrong, please correct me)

Oh and I know that there is Delaware chicken breed, but I don't know what's the name of that color. Is it also delaware?!?

It seems if I want to get a paint color I have use dominant white, right? What color would you use with it?

And I love the type of your birds, I don't knoe if you will understand this, but I love how big they are but they don't look like they are overweight and struggling with it. Beautiful!

My brother in Kentucky crossed some NN hens with an Austea-white cock and has birds he calls Overo and Tobiano. I haven't seen them but he promises to send pictures when he goes back home.

J.

Last edited:
It's night here right now. I'll get some tomorrow afternoon. I have one more that look similar and I'll try go get some better closeup shots of their feathering.

Yeah we were talking about you... Feeling all special yet?
wink.png

We would love basically a whole body shot from the side and for me maybe a closer up of the large black patch on his chest.. just curious if he has barring or mottling.

I'm planning on only keeping one rooster because I want to hatch some eggs eventually. Which one in everybody's opinion should I keep. I don't have the barred's picture as a closeup. He hid under the coop house. I took a picture of my white one because she has a few black feathers mixed in.

Back
Top Bottom