Naked Neck/Turken Thread

just tough I'll show you the pics of a FAIL hatch by that I mean, I was supposed to hatch more so that I could ship them but only a few hatched.

so I ended up keeping them.
tongue.png

38176_nakeds_012.jpg

38176_nakeds_018.jpg

38176_nakeds_017.jpg

and here's an update on my Pullets that are already laying
wee.gif

38176_nakeds_014.jpg

38176_nakeds_016.jpg

I'm down loading the pic of the cockerel that will be in with them soon so that I could get my baby chicks this winter!!!!

thank you guys
hugs.gif
I really enjoy this breed.

KKH-flower, sorry
hide.gif
hugs.gif

ETA: the cockerel that will be the future stud for my splash NN hens

38176_blrw_038.jpg

Last edited:
Tickled to find this thread!
wee.gif

I did the breed finder thingy and Turken's were at the top of my list. I had never heard of them, but, being someone who is drawn to the unusual - I'm intrigued and eager to learn more about them.
I'm a little confused though.
hu.gif
There seems to be a lot of variation... are thrken's a 'breed' or a 'type'????

aww I like how they look. Well I don't have big daddy moe my Naked Neck ( hybrid) he has gone to a bigger farm with his hens
smile.png
they are like 40 minutes from me
smile.png
smile.png
. But I do have one of his sons Santa Cruz, He's half white leghorn , he's white but has some black flakes in his feathers and he's got the bowtie like his dad has
smile.png
I put him with my EE's
smile.png
smile.png
and two of my Rhode Island Red hens. The hens are still little they are four months old
smile.png
. Should be some interesting looking chicks once they start laying eggs and I stick them in the incubator.

Pretty much starting all over again
sad.png
.. Was wondering will one of their chicks if they are hens lay olive colored eggs? The colors of my Easter Eggers are all different. I've got two that are gray color. one that is brown but has all colors of brown. one is black but has gold in her feathers. One is gray but has like a burnt amber color well rust in her feathers.

I do have three eggs left from my original hens. One is almost hatching and the other two are still cooking
wink.png
lol..

canesisters....I guess anything which has a Naked Neck is just that, but many with Naked Necks are Hybrids between NN and another chicken type.

True NNs have either a naked neck or have a small bow tie rather than a big patch of feathers at the front. I love to see the various hybrid pics.....please keep posting them!

IMG_6430.jpg

Black Treacle a pure NN.

IMG_6381.jpg

Blackchops and Gordon.....hybrids....Gordon is NN X Blue Partridge Brahma.

Nava the grey, splash whatever pullet is adorable.

With regards to my Blackchops....now aged 28 weeks and HUGE....her eggs have progressively increased from the 60g size to today's 96g....she IS a big girl.....and next year I'm going to hatch her and Gordon's economy sized babies.

IMG_6476.jpg

Left to right...Jezebel (NN x Blue Partridge Brahma)....weight 65g, Hufen (Brahma X Warren) and then Blackchops (28 week old NN hybrid) 96g......

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom