Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Quote:
He is a Light Blue...
tongue.png

here is my light blue boy..
http://i1085.photobucket.com/albums/j437/nicalandia/BlueChick12weeks1.jpg

Thumbs up from Texas!!

these are my three boys, hatched them hoping for girls, all ended up boys....banty nn/cochin... i need to rehome them, if anyone is interested, pickup... they are sweet, just don't have the room for all cockerels- and don't want them to be put in someones stewpot....
th.gif

the two on the right get along fine together, but when their brother is in there, he gets beat up...

24037_nnboys.jpg

anyone have suggestions on how to rehome them?

Aw artsyrobin, hope you find takers for them!! I know what you mean, I hatched out a couple of chicks but can't let go of the cockerel even though I don't need him. It makes it hard when they're so darned cute!! You can always start a bachelors pen. . . .
big_smile.png

well, spent this morning making them a pen, the lone guy is on the porch, i put him in with the others and he immediately got chased and flew to the top of the fence where i was... dang the little guy anyway! they really are pretty little things... around here folks use banty roos for bait for catching predators and i don't want them ending up like that...i'll probably just hang on to them for their cuteness...
smile.png

really is sad- the attitude towards roosters- we have the 3 nn boys, and 2 nearly blind silkie roos, they get along fine together- the nn boys are a bit more challenging- saw the two that normally get along- having some 'issues' tonight... we live on ten acres, but with winter coming i am trying to have them close to the house, so i don't have to get out on the ice- but it means the porch has a series of cages ...rooster row!

i know quite a few chicken folk around here that won't auction their roos because of the possible place they might end up....

Last edited:
Quote:
Yeah, all the time. Especially when you have a roo with a completely naked neck and feathered feet with 5 toes to breed with 2
big, fat 5 toed hens. I'm just holding back because I will have to feed them. HA! I might be spending more on feed than food for
me!

Back
Top Bottom