Naked Neck/Turken Thread

Quote:
Thank you. No, that is front yard.
lol.png

This is not so much of an answer to Josh's post, but to prevent this thread of fellow lovers of our feather-challenged fraternity from getting lost over Xmas.

I might show one of my hens at our local agricultural show......Brecon County Show, next Summer. Now, Brecon County Show is not exactly the Royal Welsh, but is the oldest fair in the country dating back hundreds of years. Last year a NN roo and hen won first and second prizes in the Rare Breeds category.....not mine though. Each category usually only has between 3 and 6 entrants, so if anything is submitted it has a good chance of being placed. The exception to this small number of entrants is the Best of Breed categories which seems to have more entrants than there are people in the County.

Oh and Brecon County doesn't exist, either. We are part of Powys. Wales.....land of 3 million people, 11 million plus of sheep .....and unknown millions of chickens.

Common guys, who has a show standard NN? Who has an NN who is a star in their eyes? Pictures please.

good morning PG I love to hear your stories about Wales, 3 million people, 100 million sheep and countless millions of chickens. Sounds like Iceland to me except for the chickens. I know that they have chickens in Iceland but I don't remember seeing any the one time that I visited.

I have posted pictures of all three of my NN hens and need to wait a few months for new chicks. Despite the fact that I live in southern california, it is the high desert here at the foothills of the high Sierras. It is actually a good location if you like dry summers but the winter weather is not always mild. The NN hens and the Ameraucanas are the most heathy birds in the flock. I lost a bantam Polish so far this winter. Seems that they don't know enough to come in out of the rain.

This group of "fellow lovers of our feather-challenged fraternity" will not be lost but merely put on hold until the season changes.

chickgrowerdan, I'm going with hen as well. Lovely feathering.

Here's my frizzle bantam NN. She is so soft and very sweet.
49067_img_3998.jpg

Here's a picture of a small coop I want to set up for all my little NN's. I have it in
place now thanks to DH and little ones, they moved this themselves! If the wind
would stop blowing I'd be able to get to work on it. Darn wind.
49067_img_4547.jpg

Good Pictures from Chickengrower Looks like a pretty hen to me. I bought a splash Marans chick thinking that she was male and lo and behold, she is growing into a beautiful hen.
KKH I love the pictures of D and the kids moving that nice little coop. The frizzle pullet is looking OK too. Can't wait until we can become an extension of Nava's experiments ! Gotta have those BLUES even if we can not show them.

What do you think PG ? You told us NNers to get with it and folks responded !

chickengrowerdan how many splash NNs do you have ? What other colors do you have ? BTW I lived in Mannington for a few years. WV is beautiful country !

Back
Top Bottom