Naked necks anyone?

Do you like naked necks?

• NO! They’re weird looking.

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • YES! I love them!

Votes: 39 79.6%

• Total voters
Pics
IMG_0352.JPG IMG_0363.JPG IMG_0398.JPG IMG_0424.JPG IMG_0434.JPG IMG_0470.JPG IMG_0518.JPG IMG_0559.JPG
a few more pictures

@Compost King - My apologies for "borrowing" your picture, but I couldn't isolate just this one in a quote, properly ... but ... What's the breeding on this fellow, please? That long, red neck is AMAZING!

img_0470-jpg.1831232
The only thing I know about him... The father of all the others, is that the lady who sold him to me said his father was some sort of grand champion (or some other awarded type of word) show bird. I know so little about show chickens that I probably got the wording wrong but his father won some sort of competition. I know nothing about his mother and the lady who had him didn't have show birds she just a large collection of different breeds and needed to cut back on roosters. She told me all this after I bought him so it wasn't some sort of sales pitch, I had already bought him She said I couldn't eat him he had to go to a good home. I asked if I could eat his offspring since that was my intention with him... breeding meat birds and she said sure.

IMG_0434.JPG

As I borrow this from myself... that white chicken is a Splash Jersey Giant only 3 days younger than the 2 Naked Necks she is between, the one on the right of the picture is much younger but I didn't mark down his hatch date (broody mom)... These guys are fairly large for their age, turning out to be decent meat birds. The little one behind the Naked Neck on the far left is the same age as the Naked Neck on the far right.

The only thing I know about him... The father of all the others, is that the lady who sold him to me said his father was some sort of grand champion (or some other awarded type of word) show bird.
DAG! I WANT ONE! That's absolutely the neatest naked neck I've ever seen. If I could have one just like him, but bantam sized (all my biddies are little,) I'd be happier than a chicken in a mealworm bucket!

DAG! I WANT ONE! That's absolutely the neatest naked neck I've ever seen. If I could have one just like him, but bantam sized (all my biddies are little,) I'd be happier than a chicken in a mealworm bucket!
If it wasn't for @BlueBaby (TY for the advice BTW) I never would have gotten him. She pointed out to me his quality when I posted the Craigslist ad in another thread and that he was white which is ideal for meat birds.
Although I got him for meat birding... I am tempted to breed these genetics down to a bantam size and see if I can start making something unique.

If it wasn't for @BlueBaby (TY for the advice BTW) I never would have gotten him. She pointed out to me his quality when I posted the Craigslist ad in another thread and that he was white which is ideal for meat birds.
Although I got him for meat birding... I am tempted to breed these genetics down to a bantam size and see if I can start making something unique.

I think that there is a hatchery that does have the bantam sized Naked Neck's. I don't think that many people are breeding those though, as they want the bigger meat bird sized one's.

Back
Top Bottom