Name for our Silkie "farm" lol?

Smokin Silkies

formerly browneyebuttafly
11 Years
Mar 27, 2009
Western, PA
My daughter picked out a name she likes very much for our Silkies. I raise them, but don't have a name for our small "farm", if thats what you want to call it. We only have Silkies, maybe 25 of them now. But anyhow, she likes "Satin Silkies". I was just wondering if anybody knows if this name has been taken yet? I've been doing some online searching and I did find an old site from 2005 but its closed and I can't find anymore info on it so I'm assuming its not like a business or anything, or if they are even involved in Silkies anymore?....but I don't want to step on anybody's toes if I "steal" their name. I'll be getting a GFM soon and was going to put "Satin Silkies" down for our name. Also, any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated! This will be fun
smile.png
Thanks everyone!

Best wishes for your silkie farm. Just remember to manually spell-check so that 'satin' does not become 'satan'. just being funny.

Quote:
Thats funny you say that because my daughter actually texted me and said "satin silkies"...My reply was "Do you mean Satin as in the fabric or did you mis-spell "Satan" lol.

I'll run any names past my daughter when she gets home, then I'll post what she decides
smile.png
I'll let the post go for at least a few days hoping to get more responses before she decides!

actually Satan Silkies is more truthful as they are known to steal souls
lol.png

Satin Silkies sounds nice to me
smile.png
I havent heard it anywhere

If you really want to know if that name is registered to someone else you can call the State registrar where the "farm" is located and ask. Anyone who registers a trademark or service mark has to post in the paper with the name when applying for a registration/trademark/service mark. Sometimes even if you don't register the name, you can claim you've used it all along if you can prove use/presence for it, but since they haven't used it since 2005 and don't seem active with it in any way on the internet, you're probably safe to use it. If you're serious about it, I would get a Service Mark or Trademark. In some states it's only about $50 plus the cost of a newspaper ad.

I love that name, by the way!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom