Name that Freebie Pictures added (new older pictures added)

The legs are the wrong color to be a Delaware. And EEs should have pea combs not rose combs. That looks like an EE to me. I would think that at that age the roos should have a wider comb as someone else mentioned above. But I am by far no expert, thats just what I think.

This was my white EE from McMurray - unfortunately that whole group was killed at 7-8 weeks.

Sunshine.jpg

HPIM0521.jpg

Hope these help.
Ashley

Ok, here's my freebie at 6 weeks of age. I'm pretty sure it's a EEer like Goldie, but still wondering about the sex. These aren't the best pictures (dang that chicken wire) They go to their new homes next week, and I'm hoping this is a pullet

wc1.jpg

wc2.jpg

wc3.jpg

Looks like an Easter Egger cockerel to me. Too much pink in the comb for an EE at six weeks, I think, even though the comb isn't as wide as what I've seen in my Ameraucana cockerels. I don't have EEs, but the Ameraucana is about the same with sexing, same comb type.

Do you think the cold might have made it's comb bright? I compared it to the others and it's the same color, but it was really cold out when I took the picture

I think you are right. All the other EEer's have the same redness in their combs. However, I have one that has a really wide comb. And when I went to check on them tonight, they were all snuggled together in the corner, except this one EEer was roosting. I think it's a roo.

Back
Top Bottom