Name the eggs! Choose your baby to root for!

Your silkie mixes should have one, if not all, or some of these things: 5 toes, black or dark skin, feathered legs, a crest, a beard. I doubt you'll have Sultan mixes
Not all silkies have beards, so that one isn't always an indicator. They are way adorable with their floofy beards though 🤩 I have some satin cockerels that I think may have some Sultan background, they seem to have the same head crest shape and those heavy feathered hocks and feet. I could be wrong though, but it looks like they crossed Sultans in to add to the silkie feathering. My cockerels have feathers on all 5 toes and about 4" long foot feathers on the outer toe.

The feet!
20231116_175415.jpg

The posture, hocks, and tails
20231112_143611.jpg
Screenshot_20231112-125728_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20231107-213457_Gallery.jpg

And... I could be completely wrong 🤣🤣🤣 take it all with a grain of chicken scratch 😄

Not all silkies have beards, so that one isn't always an indicator. They are way adorable with their floofy beards though 🤩 I have some satin cockerels that I think may have some Sultan background, they seem to have the same head crest shape and those heavy feathered hocks and feet. I could be wrong though, but it looks like they crossed Sultans in to add to the silkie feathering. My cockerels have feathers on all 5 toes and about 4" long foot feathers on the outer toe.

The feet!
View attachment 3688742

The posture, hocks, and tails
View attachment 3688743
View attachment 3688744
View attachment 3688745

And... I could be completely wrong 🤣🤣🤣 take it all with a grain of chicken scratch 😄
I know I've said the 4 million times, but your birds are stunning! ❤❤

Don't think like this. I've been doing the chicken thing for almost 12 years now, but some people thatve been doing it for 5, 3 years and make me look like a fool! It's not just about how long you've been doing this
I never thought I'd have chickens either. We moved to the country-ish area and bam. Chickens. I am learning everyday. Like right now my 6 pullets outside keep running and hopping at each other. Read up on it, and they are asserting pecking order? I thought they were just playing 😆

Back
Top Bottom