Names

Oh boy.. here I go.. some of these are from my previous flock.
Roosters:
Barnacle, Suspect, Mr. Rooster, Gerdie, Norman, Chauncy, Russel, Tobias, Sensu Bean, Trixster, George and Nigel
Hens: Elsie, Betty Jean, Goldilocks, Henrietta, Ebony, Olive, Esme, Agatha, Ethel, Lucy, Periwinkle, Dolly, Arly, Brockbrock, and Frizzy Izzy

Roosters:
Barnacle, Suspect, Mr. Rooster, Gerdie, Norman, Chauncy, Russel, Tobias, Sensu Bean, Trixster, George and Nigel
Hens: Elsie, Betty Jean, Goldilocks, Henrietta, Ebony, Olive, Esme, Agatha, Ethel, Lucy, Periwinkle, Dolly, Arly, Brockbrock, and Frizzy Izzy
Great names!

So far, I have had two Alfredos and one Pot Pie. (My dad named them, and the names just kinda stuck).

We have a frost and a Cuddlebug (although I must say, he wasn't very cuddly).

Roosters:
i like the name frizzy izzy!

Every name I've ever named one of my birds. Past and present.
Chickens:

Creampuff
Marshy
Kiwi
Melody
Dazzle
Blamo
Truce
Calluna
Buttercup
Ivy
Glory
Penguin
Pippy
Mipsy
Taco
Midnight
Zinnia

Cats: (own/fostered)
Toddy
Acadia
Neesy
Tiger
Gelman
Shyla
Smudge
Alice
Sparkle
Callie
Squatch
Friskers
Tumble
Gracie
Milo
Sky
Charlie
Silky
Rosco

Dogs: (Own/friends/neighbors)
Talie
Clifford
Zadie
Zeus
Speckles
Bruno
Ivy
Rosie
Findi
Kipper
Maisy
June
Dash
Parcel
Autumn
Maple
Breeza
Crockett
Loki
Teto
Poppy
Rex
Sadie
Max
Felix
(plenty more I can't think of right now....)

They are some great names. I’m new to having hens but I have named them after cereals. I have Cornflake, BranFlake, Kelloggs and CrunchyNut. Even have a sign in the coop “Cereal Box” 😂

Our first batch of chicks all the way back in 2016:
Old Red Top, Agatha, Amelia, Blackie, Snowy, Flappy, Albert and Esmeralda. Oh and Bucky later on.

I was very young at the time so I don‘t really have any idea as to breeds or sexes. From what I remembered though, Blackie had muffs and a beard, he was ALL black (Was he a pure Ameruacana?!?! :eek: ), and was a roo (a food hog too!) I remember that snowy was mostly white, and that he was beautiful, but mean. Another roo.
I *think* the rest were hens, but I have no way of being sure. Amelia was yellow as a chick, and grew in some beautiful golden coloration as an adult. Flappy had feather color/patterning similar to a RSL, but she didn’t have a single comb, it was different. Albert and Esmeralda were pretty much all black and had very Polish-like crests (dad called Esmeralda wig-head 🤣), so I’m wondering if that’s what they were. I do remember Esmeralda being small, light, and an excellent flyer. ORT and Agatha looked like some barnyard mix thing (I doubt too many if any of these birds were purebred), but their chick coloring reminded me of some EE chicks I’ve seen posted here. Maybe that’s what they were.🤷‍♂️

And then there was my sweet boy Bucky. He was given to us as an adult. The perfect gentleman to the hens, and very friendly to us. Even my brother liked him. :love As for breed he looked like some sort of Barred Rock-looking thingy, probably a BR (from what I remember, he had a single comb and a yellow bill and feet). Sadly I watched him get taken by a coyote a few months after we got him:hit:hit

We hatched three chicks from these birds but they died early on so I don’t remember their names and definitely couldn’t id breed or sex.

Back
Top Bottom