names

LoreleisMama

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 6, 2011
My daughter was so excited about naming our new chicks that I couldn't resist! There are only a select few that have marking so we can tell them apart and the rest just get called what ever name we want to call them at the time.

Here they are:

Sunny
Patsy
Loretta
June
Nugget
Olivia
Myra
Silvia
Betty
and....
Shoe!

That's what you get when you have a soon to be 3 year old helping name things! lol

lol.png

My 1 y/o roos are Nugget and Archie.

We are still working on the new babies. My teenage girls are helping.
So far we have Alex and Isabelle (Izzy). 10 names to go. I am trying to convince my older daughter that "Demon" is not a good name for a hen.
roll.png

I think your 3 y/o is doing just fine.

Those are all great names, but still, one can't help but wonder what went through her head when she named one 'Shoe'... The mind of a toddler is a fickle thing.

could she have ment Shoo, as move out of the way? teehee. Well I tell you the names of my chicks, al 31 of them and I didn't even HAVE any help.
Peep 1
Peep 2
ect........... That way there is no body mad because they like someone elses name better and stuff like that. I can call Peep and the whole flock will come running, at least when I have treats.

Last edited:
We have a one year old hen named Carrot. She was named by the same daughter who just yesterday named one of our new pullets Buster.
roll.png

If we have any extra roos that we end up keeping, my son is doing some pretty serious lobbying for naming him Superman.

My little girl wants to name them (among others) Brittany and Oceana. *sigh* She also thinks they are her chicks even though I have at no point even hinted at them being hers. Although, after a few months of doing chicken chores, she might just want to give up her claim to ownership.
lol.png

My Golden Buffs are Dorothy, Blanche, Rose and Sophia. Grandkids names for their chicks so far are: Lillian, Eva(but pronounced Ava) , Justina Beiber, and Princess Snuffy (3 year old granddaughter) 10 more to name yet

Back
Top Bottom