Nankin Discussion Thread

Pics
Yes!
How do you know about so many breeders? Is there some type of data base?
Also, do you know what happened to the Nankin forum? It was very resourceful and it hasn't been up for about a year.

I met an exhibitor at the Reno show that told me about a group of birds in Santa Rosa. I plan on stopping by to look at them on monday or tuesday.

Its funny you asked about the forum, There is a nankin forum, its gets very little use. We need to start posting and see if we can get the nankin breeders talking . It is at

www.nankinbantams.net/index.html

on another note, at the upcoming PPBA show in Stockton, Ca we will be offering awards for the Best of Breed exhibited by a youth and for the Reserve of Breed exhibited by a youth.

Quote:
Thats awesome! Tell us how it goes. I'm interested to hear about their quality.
Thanks for the Link! I will sign up right now and add the link to my original post for others to sign up.
About the PPBA show, I think its awesome that youth gets involved in poultry. I'm glad there are shows like this that encourage it. Keep me posted on how that goes!

I'm in the process of setting up the trios going into the breeding pens. I'll keep everyone posted on how thats going and my strategy for improving my 'Kins.
Very excited!

The birds were poor quality. Poor combs and color and they had the same tail issues that yours have. I will keep looking. We have several shows in the next couple of months. If I see a quality Rosecomb I will pick it up for you.

Quote:
Thats too bad
sad.png
I wonder where they're getting the squirrel tail from? Is it some type of hidden recessive gene that some birds carry?
It would be great if you could find a Nice RC roo!

Mary has too many Squirrel tails.
sad.png

Perhaps she was working on some other trait and forgot about tails?

I'm just going to work with what I have, then. I do want to add more bloodlines sometime soon, though.
Personally, I think we should import again. I heard we've only imported once from one bloodline in Brittan several years ago.
I've seen nice birds from the Netherlands, that would be a good place to start off. We'll need to mix things up eventually.

Quote:
I've seen 1 pic off feathersite. Not "the pics", though. Where can I find them?

Pics of Nankins from the Netherlands Off feathersite.
NankinRCM.JPEG

NankinRCPr.JPEG

The one pic from Brittan. Ew.
NankinRooUK.JPEG

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom