Nankin Discussion Thread

Pics
Johnhenn,
I live in Fort Calhoun, NE and have been looking for a breeder for several months with no luck. If you come across one please please let me know. I would be very interested in speaking to them myself. Good Luck in your search.
Have a Blessed Day

I just received an adorable Nankin chick along with my Bantam WC Polish chicks 2 days ago. It is adorable. I ordered 3 more of them since it is the only Nankin I have.

Last edited:
I am trying to find a breeder of Nankins within a resonable distance of Omaha, NE. I only want a few chicks and haven't found anyone out of state that will ship the small order I desire. Please PM me if you can point me in the right direction. Thank you ahead of time.

I received a Nankin along with my order of WC Polish Bantam chicks from this thread
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...hicks-wc-cuckoo-wc-black-wc-blue-wc-chocolate

She also has Nankins. I just ordered 3 more to keep my one company :)

She shipped my chicks from California to Virginia ... they arrived in one day in perfect condition and are beautiful.

Last edited:
Sbucc: Congrats on your Nankin they are super friendly and the boys are really easy wegoing. Girls are notorious broody mommas.

Welcome johnhen and good luck on your quest.

After having these Nankin chicks I don't know how I can part with them.

wee.gif
WELCOME NEWCOMERS TO BYC!!!!!
wee.gif

Alas. I have discoveted one of my roos that will probably be a definate cull. He has several feathets around the back of his neck with dark patches, almost a lacing pattern. It's only about 3 feathers but it is PROMINANT, ah well, thete's at least 4 more confirmed roos to pick from :p lol

Culling is part of our responsibility. It is hard to find homes for mixed
breed roos. I can't beloved my newbys are 2 weeks old already. My meat bird chicks were picked up Tuesday and they are already bigger than my two week old Nankins.

Three weeks nearly and one of the chicks was dead in the brooder. It was slow to develop and a bit miss shapened feathering wise. So sad. That leaves 5 nankin and 1 d'anver.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom