Nankin Discussion Thread

I just heard from a long time Nankin breeder that can no longer keep his birds. If any one is interested in top quality pairs or trios please let me know. He has great birds. My original birds came from him and gave me my start in Nankins. You can see some of my older birds on our web site rdrfarm.com this will give you an idea about the type and quality of his birds. If you are interested in quality birds this is a great opportunity.

I am going to pick the birds up and will ship them out for him

I just heard from a long time Nankin breeder that can no longer keep his birds. If any one is interested in top quality pairs or trios please let me know. He has great birds. My original birds came from him and gave me my start in Nankins. You can see some of my older birds on our web site rdrfarm.com this will give you an idea about the type and quality of his birds. If you are interested in quality birds this is a great opportunity.

I am going to pick the birds up and will ship them out for him
Are these Don's birds Richard?

Walt

I know Ideal's hatchery Nankins are not "pure", but has anyone had any? What are their personality like, how many eggs a week do they lay, and how often do they go broody?

If I wanted to show them or breed them I would definitely look into a breader. But if I get them, all I want them for cute little egg layers, and their personality. I heard the same thing from the Dutch people, but I ordered some hatchery Dutch anyway, to complete a minimum order, and they turned out to be wonderful, wonderful birds. A couple had the wrong leg color, so they aren't SQ or "pure" but most have the right leg and earlobe color, look like Dutch, and are complete sweetiespies. And since I don't show, that's all I really wanted. They weren't nearly as bad as I was expecting.

That's why I'm asking about hatchery Nankins. I wouldn't seriously look for a breeder, but since I can try a few when I order from Ideal, I'd like to. I just want to know what to expect.

What do you think of these birds?

Nankin Roo

Nankin rooster with cross hen and nankin hen

Nankin cross hen

Nankin hens

Nankin hen

Nankin hen

Back
Top Bottom