Nankin Discussion Thread

Pics
I am trying to find a breeder of Nankins within a resonable distance of Omaha, NE. I only want a few chicks and haven't found anyone out of state that will ship the small order I desire. Please PM me if you can point me in the right direction. Thank you ahead of time.

smile.png

Last edited:
Lund Poultry in Wisconsin will ship you a small order. They put heat packs in with my birds when they shipped them. They are really great people to work with. http://lundpoultry.com/

I am very happy with my birds from Lunds, as well as my birds from Mary Ann Harley in SC, but you'd have 25 if you bought from her. I plan to sell chicks next spring and will do small orders. I will put heat packs, electrolyte cubes, and chick feed in with them.

I will have some 3 month old Rosecomb cockerels available soon that came from Mary Ann Harley's flock. I am holding on to them until I can figure out for sure which are cockerels and which are pullets :). I live in Missouri, about 45 minutes south of St. Louis.

Best of luck!

Thank you Micki for the help. I have already contacted Lund and they said the smallest order was 10 which is 3x's the amount I actually want. I have feelers out on every site I can think of, hopefully someone local to my area will come forwad that has them or know someone who does they can pass my request onto. I can't believe how hard it is to find these little stinkers. Chicks Roseburg has babies hatching at the end of May and she has offered to sell me a small batch. If I don't find any young ones between now and then I'm going to take her up on her generous offer. Thank you again. Have a Blessed Day.
Nan

Last edited:
They are rare ones, that's for sure. Best of luck and let us know when you get your birds! Post pictures if you can!

Thanks all. I only have enough birds for my own use starting with a trio. I have plans to try to incubate a batch and am not expecting big numbers. I dont ship but will drive to meet someone preferrably at a small animal swap meet. My DD class just hatched out some of my Easter Eggers. 5 new fuzzy butts in the brooder.

Well Thanks to Mary Ann, I have enough chicks to starve myself keeping them fed ;) lol. I just know that with my luck of the 32 I ended up with (paid for 25, don't know why she threw in the spares, I appreciate it though
bow.gif
) I'm assuming at least 20 are roos
lol.png
I'm already plying the feild of the locals looking for re-homing targets. I sincerly hope that next spring I can contribute to the cause of getting a breeding pair onto every farm in the world
yippiechickie.gif

Love the world domination plan Griff.

As luck would have it two of my hens are broody on eggs. A serama and a d'anver. Soooo I slipped the Nankin eggs I was saving for the incubator under the broodies instead. Yipee! If I get babies they will be up for sale locally.

Love the world domination plan Griff.
As luck would have it two of my hens are broody on eggs. A serama and a d'anver. Soooo I slipped the Nankin eggs I was saving for the incubator under the broodies instead. Yipee! If I get babies they will be up for sale locally.

And while the eggs are sitting under the hens I will be playing music with subliminal messages, training the chicks to one day respond to electromagnetic signals broadcast via the cell phone networ to rise UP! And THEN... oh, wait. I mean um. LOOK! OVER THERE!

*runs away*

Back
Top Bottom