Quailophile

In the Brooder
Nov 20, 2020
Hello all,
My old quail hen, Big Mama, has developed something that looks like canker, but in her nostril. One nostril looked enlarged today, so I took her out and gave it a good look. It was full of cheesy looking white stuff, no odor. I managed to dig it all out, at least what I could see, so she can breathe out of that nostril. She seems fine otherwise, eyes clear, feather shiny, eating, etc. I checked her mouth, and it was clear and healthy looking.

Any idea what this is? Anything else I should do for her? She's in with 3 other quail, they all look fine.

Hello all,
My old quail hen, Big Mama, has developed something that looks like canker, but in her nostril. One nostril looked enlarged today, so I took her out and gave it a good look. It was full of cheesy looking white stuff, no odor. I managed to dig it all out, at least what I could see, so she can breathe out of that nostril. She seems fine otherwise, eyes clear, feather shiny, eating, etc. I checked her mouth, and it was clear and healthy looking.

Any idea what this is? Anything else I should do for her? She's in with 3 other quail, they all look fine.
Do you have photos?

Could be she had food clogged in her nostril. It happens with chickens sometimes, so why not Quail.
No odor is good.
To help loosen any more debris in the nostril, apply 1 drop (one) of Hydrogen Peroxide to the debris in the nostril to help see if this will dissolve and loosen it up. Then you may be able to remove the rest.

Back
Top Bottom