Natural death or euthanasia? :(

:hugs Thank you both. It wasn't really what I wanted to hear but I think it's what I needed to be told :( My dad wants to give him untill the end of January, he says he needs more time. Is that too long to wait? He's been living like this for months already so I don't think it will make a difference. I just worry when February comes around my dad will still refuse to put him down.

:hugs it's not what I wanted to say either.

Is he kinda your dads dog, if you know what I mean?

No, he was given to me when I was a toddler and always been my responsibility. He's probably closer to me then anyone else in my family. I don't understand why my dad is so against euthanasia. My dad loves him just as much as I do I just don't think he understands how much pain he is in. Since I take care of him and have to watch him suffer more than he does :(

If he hasn't given up and can still get around a little bit with some help (i.e. supporting his back legs with a sling) then I wouldn't give up on him yet either - I think animals will let us know when they're ready. And maybe that's how your dad sees it. But he'll probably need more and more help as time goes on, and if it becomes something that you can no longer manage, then you'll need to make that decision.

time to plan a fair well party. Car ride, burger king etc. Just remember a dog senses there owners fallings so stay strong and have a good time you can morn afterwards. I would rather see a dear friend leave with dignity then suffering.

If he hasn't given up and can still get around a little bit with some help (i.e. supporting his back legs with a sling) then I wouldn't give up on him yet either - I think animals will let us know when they're ready.  And maybe that's how your dad sees it.  But he'll probably need more and more help as time goes on, and if it becomes something that you can no longer manage, then you'll need to make that decision.

I've only had to put two of my pets down. And both times they were already dying and it was done to end their suffering as quickly as possible. So I think that is what my dad is waiting for, for my dog to give up. It is a small blessing when pets give up because you don't feel so guilty euthanizing them :( It's their way of telling you it's ok. But he hasn't given up and I don't think he ever will. He's so strong willed. But I don't know how much longer I can handle seeing him in pain :hit Am I being selfish?

I've only had to put two of my pets down. And both times they were already dying and it was done to end their suffering as quickly as possible. So I think that is what my dad is waiting for, for my dog to give up. It is a small blessing when pets give up because you don't feel so guilty euthanizing them :( It's their way of telling you it's ok. But he hasn't given up and I don't think he ever will. He's so strong willed. But I don't know how much longer I can handle seeing him in pain :hit Am I being selfish?

You're not being selfish :hugs

Back
Top Bottom