"Natural" Easter eggs?

Mtnboomer

Crowing
Mar 17, 2019
Southwest Virginia (mountains)
For the last week or so I have been finding a strange looking egg in our coop nearly every day. It looks as if blue food coloring had been smeared all over the shell. I checked for any environmental causes and can't find the cause. Can you guys shed some light on what's causing these colored eggs?

Attachments

• 20190820_202731.jpg
    20190820_202731.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 71
For the last week or so I have been finding a strange looking egg in our coop nearly every day. It looks as if blue food coloring had been smeared all over the shell. I checked for any environmental causes and can't find the cause. Can you guys shed some light on what's causing these colored eggs?
Also...have you cracked one open yet to see what's on the inside?

I'm wondering if this could possibly be a rotten egg that was hidden somewhere for a long time?

Also...have you cracked one open yet to see what's on the inside?

I'm wondering if this could possibly be a rotten egg that was hidden somewhere for a long time?

Ooh, that's a scary thought! To the OP: are you finding these in different places in your coop, or in the nesting boxes? Or in the same nest every day, so you know it's a fresh egg? This is a really interesting mystery!

Ooh, that's a scary thought! To the OP: are you finding these in different places in your coop, or in the nesting boxes? Or in the same nest every day, so you know it's a fresh egg? This is a really interesting mystery!
Definitely a fresh egg. They have been in both nesting boxes and on main floor of coop, but I gether eggs every day.

Back
Top Bottom