Natural Nest incubation(my attempt)

Just a quick update. I took a fridge egg and made a small hole in the blunt end and put a thermo in it. The temps are coming up. I also got hubby to help me make a water baloon wiggle and I put it on the opposite side of the nest. Right now all the temps are coming back up.

woot.gif
I will be hoping for you to have a successful hatch!!! Can't wait!

Something interesting to note..with two of these nests, the first and the present one, on the third day I got a temp spike and had to change the setting on the pad down a good bit. Watch for that. Just had to change mine today from 3 down to 1.

:woot    I will be hoping for you to have a successful hatch!!!  Can't wait! 

Me too. And thank you. My wiggle seems stuck at 82 degrees, I think the thermo is bad. The egg is about 99.

Something interesting to note..with two of these nests, the first and the present one, on the third day I got a temp spike and had to change the setting on the pad down a good bit.  Watch for that.  Just had to change mine today from 3 down to 1. 

Ok good to know. I'll keep my eye on it.

Ok well temps were stable overnight, tho the house was as well. But today when the outside temps plunged my temps started going crazy. We did turn the house temp down to try to keep the bill down. But the egg temp went from 99 to 101.7 down to 96. The wiggle went from 94 to 100 to 91. And the air temp from 101 to 106 to 98. Parrt of those flucuations were my fault, I opened it up to cool it down. But when I left for this short town run the temps were slowly coming back up.

You can kinda see my box with the pillow and everything on it. Its in my living room near my chair and front door. We don't use the door much and the wall beside it is about the only non drafty wall.

That's some big fluctuations! I've not had any that wide except due to my own error and impatience. Finally got a real water wiggler in the mail today and am warming it up to temps right now. Can't wait to see if it is more accurate or any different than my water balloons.

Well the drop was caused by me opening it up and not noticing my husband hadn't closed the door all the way. The spike. Well I have no ideas. I'm gonna look on ebay for one tomorrow.

Ok so my temps are mostly stable. I find myself changing the temp every few hours from 3 to 2 back to 3. I hope my mother in law checks them and adjusts them today. Oh man do I. I think I left it on 2 so maybe it'll just get a bit cool.

Back
Top Bottom