Natural Nest incubation(my attempt)

I think when you get that water wiggler and can get some consistency on measuring temps you might see some steadiness. I rarely have to change that setting except on that 3rd day it seems both times(nest 1 and 3....I think I fried the eggs the first day in nest 2) there were temp variances...I'm wondering if that is when the eggs first start really developing and are throwing off a little more heat? Not sure.

After that it gets steady as a rock unless ambient temps in the room drop below 30. Fred told me to watch for temp spikes on the 13th day, so I'll pass that along.

I'm trying to order one now. And I'm thinking the flucuations may be a more natural thing. Since a hen moves and her temp changes. The ground temp also changes. I just. Candled most of the eggs and they all look really good. I also just got a LG still air incubator and I have the temps holding around 100.5. Is that right?

You are asking the wrong person but I think 100.5 is considered within a good range for incubation. I'm trying to keep mine between 99.5-100.5 and am able to do that very well with this setup.

Ok so my shipped eggs came in today and many many were broken, but the intact count is 4 duck, 3 with detached air cells but good healthy looking insides; 3 bantam, all with detacted air cells and 2 with good looking insides; 6 LF eggs, 2 with cracks that I tried to patch, 5 with detacted air cells and all but one cracks look good inside; and then this eggzilla

It's in a large egg egg carton and the other egg is a bantam. I have no idea what it is, but it has a detacted air cell. I emailed the seller to ask. For now I have them all slowly warming up and will put them in the incubator in the morning.

And for my box; I replaced the temp egg as the other was going bad. And the temps are coming back up. My wiggle still shows a temp around 92... but I ordered some real wiggles and should get them soon. I have also bee turning and moving the eggs around whenever I remember. My humidity seems really good.

Any ideas on the mystery eggs? Also for the detacted air cells should I put the whole carton base in the incubator for a few days? Or what do I do?

Back
Top Bottom