Natural remedies for chickens (post yours)

Crafty-Duck

Songster
7 Years
May 27, 2012
Lucky Duck Pond
I am trying to go natural for my chickens so I am looking for natural remedies.

Does anyone make their own wound wash for minor cuts and scrapes if so how do you make it?

Feel free to post any natural or homemade remedy you may have!!!!!
wee.gif

I use white vinegar to clean the inside of my coop. Every morning after I let the 5 girls out I spray the roost with vingar and wipe it with a paper towel. My walls are mage of FRP, so I also wipe them down daily with vinegar.It takes just about 5 minutes for the daily clean-up in the coop. Also since I do only have 5 chickens I put newspaper under their roost at night , this way in the morning I pick up the paper and throw the mess away. I sometimes put it in the composter. The pine shavings on the floor then stay cleaner longer.
smile.png

I feed all my birds cayenne Pepper and it helps keep them healthy I buy it in bulk 5 lbs at a time
I too feed my birds cayenne pepper, I usually mix it with cooked brown rice or quinoa, or mix it into their plain yogurt. For the five chickens I add 1/4 teas. How much do you give to your birds? Do you mix it with anything or just sprinkle it around? I do worry if it will be to hot for the chickens, so I do only give small amounts of the cayenne and I'm not sure if a chicken has the same kind of taste buds as a Macaw/parrots do,( I feed mine hot peppers and it doesn't bother him.)

I too use white vinegar to clean my coop!!! Only I put orange and lime (or lemon) peels in with the white vinegar and let it go for one month shaking it everyday,but I think if I ever need some quick I will use plain vinegar.

I have only five chickens also!!! I think I will try the 1/4 teas of cayenne pepper!!!! They have never had it before.

I made my own saline solution yesterday!!!!

1 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. baking soda

8 oz water

Heat the water and remove just before the water
starts to boil.

Add salt and baking soda and stir.

When dissolved let mixture cool and put in sterilized container.

I made this to use on my chickens for minor cuts and scrapes.

Chickens don't have the same taste buds they don't even notice how hot the pepper is, I do a very heavy mixture actually and I use a paint mixing drill stick attached to a hammer drill to mix up my feed every day it works wonders, I mix up my own blend because I get some free bags of random feed from work

to deworm we use hot peppers, and ACV.
im not sure if this is a remedy, but at day 6,7,8 of chickies, we feed them liver. it helps the heart grow healthier
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom