NE Oklahoma Chicken Stock - Let's Plan!

I think cooking inside the barn would violate some rule with the fairgrounds anyway. Cook at home. DH had an idea as far as warming goes though. I can bring the big propane grill and set it outside for those that would need to "warm" something up since my booth is right next to the main door. As far as the dust goes, it really isn't that bad in there even on the nastiest of days. We show the pigs in there and that is the nastiest time of year. Folks at their own booth will need to put lids on if they are on dishing something out. And as far as the folks walking around with taster kits we shouldn't be giving them a "hungry man" portion to collect dust. Hubby says he just wants to graze on everyone's cooking since he has to be there all day.

If we do this we need to set some rules:

1. Main ingredient MUST be poultry EGGS. Chicken, duck, goose or guinea. (I thought I would throw that in cause hubby made a smart alec comment about snake eggs) yuck...
2. Everything must be kept sanitary.
3. Make enough for 100 samples.
4. Limit of 5 entries.
5. $3.00 per entry.
6. $3.00 per taster kit. Taster kit includes napkin, spork, and small plate with sections.

I can also get a hold of the newspaper and see if she will run a promotional article for a "what to do this weekend" section.
I can also hire Joe's kids and my own to do Trash duty and go around making sure things are picked up.

Five total entries for the contest, or each person who enters can make five different egg dishes?

Limit of five egg dishes per person. still $3 per entry. We wouldn't have to limit it. It would raise more money if we didn't. Hubby wants to make pickled eggs and Flan. I want to do a bread pudding and something else.

Limit of five egg dishes per person. still $3 per entry. We wouldn't have to limit it. It would raise more money if we didn't. Hubby wants to make pickled eggs and Flan. I want to do a bread pudding and something else.

Got it! That makes more sense. I love pickled eggs and flan, but not at the same time. Will we need two sectioned trays: one for hot foods and one for cold foods?

Okay then! I will do a flyer that ties into our other one for NEOCS and get a copy to you so you can do your editing magic then post one on OKIES thread and try to get this going.I can print you and Joe some copies and bring them if you are going to Coweta this weekend. I will call the lady at the Phoenix and have her set up an appointment to talk to you about the event and see if we can get into the TO DO section a week before. I will get the trays and sporks ordered and a roll of tickets.

So how will the tastings be served? Most tastings I have been to you go from table to table or booth to booth & get your tasting.

The way I understand it right now all entries would be served on the same plate or a hot plate & cold plate? Not a plate per item correct?

I have been to tastings where you pay x get x amount of tickets to use & you mingle browse & trade your tickets for samples on tiny desert plates.

I have 2 things I would like to bring (if we can make it). One would be an adult drink if that is ok???

All of the ones I have been to also have one tray. Folks go booth to booth and get a sample and then they give their ticket to the booth they think is the best use of an egg. No seperate ones for hot and cold but the trays I am looking at do have sections. On the adult drink thing, I don't know if we would be able to get by with that. Coral would have to answer that one.

So how will the tastings be served? Most tastings I have been to you go from table to table or booth to booth & get your tasting.
The way I understand it right now all entries would be served on the same plate or a hot plate & cold plate? Not a plate per item correct?
I have been to tastings where you pay x get x amount of tickets to use & you mingle browse & trade your tickets for samples on tiny desert plates.
I have 2 things I would like to bring (if we can make it). One would be an adult drink if that is ok???

The facility is 100% alcohol and tobacco free. Sorry, unless it's made from real adults, an adult drink would break the rules for using the facility.

Edited to explain that the made from comment is from an Adams Family movie. Wednesday answers the door to a Girl Scout selling cookies. Wednesday asks if the cookies are made from real girls scouts... I have too many bad movies in my head.

Last edited:
Okay then! I will do a flyer that ties into our other one for NEOCS and get a copy to you so you can do your editing magic then post one on OKIES thread and try to get this going.I can print you and Joe some copies and bring them if you are going to Coweta this weekend. I will call the lady at the Phoenix and have her set up an appointment to talk to you about the event and see if we can get into the TO DO section a week before. I will get the trays and sporks ordered and a roll of tickets.

Would it make sense to use five or six spaces a the back of the barn, closest to the concession table, for a way to distribute the food easily? If people put coolers in these spaces, then the tasters could walk past the five or six spaces to collet their goodies. Take a look at the map and let me know.

Back
Top Bottom