Near Disaster!

GRAM49

Songster
11 Years
May 7, 2008
Indiana
We purchased two Buff Braham Bantams at the poultry show in Lebanon a couple weeks ago. We quarantined them for two weeks. Sat. we put them in a wire cage in the hen house with 14 grown, but young, standards. Yesterday we let them all together and it was near disaster. The standards went after the bantys full-force. Hubby scooped them up and we put them back in the cage and back into our garage. That is where they will stay until hubby can build a separate coop for them. We planned on everyone living together, but we could not risk finding them dead this morning. Poor Hubby! He sure put up with a lot because of my love for chickens.

I have 4 RIR standards and 7 banties all about the same age. When I added the banties I put them in the coop in a cage for almost 2 weeks. I went in one night after dark and opened the cage. I kind of stood watch from the window for awhile and continued to check on them frequently. Thee standards acted like they all belonged together.
Sometimes my standards will act rude by pecking at them when I bring out treats but other than that they do fine.

Back
Top Bottom