Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chickenwhisperer123, Apr 29, 2009.

1. gilavina

gilavina Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2011
    Southeast Nebraska
    Quote:I'm up north of waverly a few miles. Its not too far from lincoln, so I'm sure we'd be able to make arrangements when it comes time to get the eggs. Yeah...there aren't many people that visit here it seems. I am loving hearing more about people that are interested closer to me.

2. Kramer Farms

Kramer Farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2008
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=484937

This
    is the link for the K & L Exotic Animal and Bird Auction in Yates Center, Kansas

The sale is April 30th and May 1st

or go to www.kramerlivestockfarm.com

Usually a large auction with anywhere from 350 to 700 lots of poultry and rabbits. This sale will be smaller due to the time of the year, but still expect to get around 400+ lots of birds. Plus all the sheep and goats, mini and exotic cattle, camels, zebras, llamas and alpacas, mini horses and donkeys, and much more. Just check the website for consignments as they are added. Although most poultry will just show up and won't be consigned.

3. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thanks Kramer Farms for that info.

I have a question. Why is it that the TSC's and Orschelns have animal/poulty swaps in Kansas and Missouri but not here. It this against state law? Or do they just figure not enough interest? Just wondering, as I would surely be interested and go to one if they had one. Does anyone know? I see them advertised in Kansas all the time.

We have both TSC's and Orschelns here. Oh, Lincoln Orschelns ordered in goslings and are expected in this week, not sure what day. She said she ordered AFrican, Chinese, Embden and Pilgrim but only 8 of each and I think they run $15 apiece. I would get some but I am after sebastopols, and have some Africans in the bator right now, so will see if any hatch. Messed up last hatch bigtime.

I have turkey eggs due end of the week but they were in there during the first 3 weeks of my life's disaster and temps about 5 degrees over so will be a miracle if any hatch. Luckily I gave half to a friend to hatch so here is hoping! [​IMG]

Vicki. just let me know when you want some eggs, I will collect and we can meet in Lincoln, k?

If anyone is interested, I have a 3 week old rooster that is pure blue orp. Also is being very ornery, so will be a riot.

A guy called me day before, wondered if I had any roosters left. [​IMG] Wished I hadnt taken them to Palmyra. Anyhow I did sell him a gorgeous cochin/orp cross I had. He was going to throw him in with 9 ladies, I hope the guy knows enough to introduce them slowly at first but he sure didnt act like. Wondered how soon his eggs would be fertile. These hens were NOT used to a rooster. I might should call him tomorrow and make sure the guy knows to watch out for him the first few days. [​IMG] I hope they dont eat him alive. Poor guy. Will be in heaven as soon as he adjusts but I hope they are not TOO hard on him. I worry too much, ey?

Cherokee and White Lightning are not being accepted by the tribe of other peas. Cherokee keeps acting like he wants in, he was so cold and shivering today and its horrid weather. And we had an awful storm last night, hail, lightning, heavy heavy rain and winds. I worried because the other peas dont let WL roost in the pole barn, he roosts in the trees. So I worried bout him all night, being out in that. I did see him this morning but not close up. They other peas are not letting either one of them eat either. Cherokee keeps looking in the house windows and pecking, pecking. He is looking for his buddy, he acts like "please bring him out so I have a friend, these guys are so mean, please, I KNOW he is in there?" He is making me cry how he looks for his buddy.

Here is hoping it warms up soon!

4. Kramer Farms

Apr 13, 2008
    I would guess that no one in your area has gone and asked about doing one in their parking lot.

Usually a store will be up for getting more and more people into their parking lot.

5. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well I might have to ask about something then!

Orschelns told me they ordered 8 dif type of goslings and they should be in today. I wanted to stop by and check them out, but work got in the way. [​IMG]

I heard they were "very cute!" [​IMG] I am hoping to eventually get some sebbies tho, holding out for those.

Cherokee continues to grow in personality. He is such a trip. He displays for all the little bantams. He follows Lightning around and tries to one-up him. Its hilarious. He pecks on the window and peer at me until I scramble him an egg. He knows his name, but he is NOT tame. I got some pictures yesterday, he sure makes me laugh. He is not following him as to be aggressive, he is just utterly and totally fascinated, like a big brother he wants to be. He will rival him when he gets old, he is gonna be one gorgous bird, really, but dont tell him I said so.

So do my ducks. I poured the water out of the kiddie pool and intended to fill it up, but didnt get around to it for a couple of hours. The new Welsh Harlequins I got jumped in the pool, and stood looking rather despondently down at their feet. I laughed and went to fill the pool. Crazy silly ducks! [​IMG]

So anyhow, some pics. Cherokee being fascinated by WL. I tried to download Cherokee displaying but it keeps reading error, so maybe later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Kramer Farms

Apr 13, 2008
    Quote:Be sure to check the website for consignments. Going to be a large sale and would be well worth your drive!

I'm taking several pigeons, rare and fancy breeds, some nice silkies, and a couple trios of Old English bantams.

That peacock is a beautiful bird, strutting around.

7. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thanks for the complements on my pea. I think he is gorgeous too.

Gila, how was the show? Any great birds for sale? It was such yukky weather and we had been down to Kansas the day before, so I was just whipped when I got home on Friday night.

Lets get this thread moving a bit more than this, this is tragic! [​IMG]

Planted some tomato plants this weekend, sure wished it would WARM UP already.

Got a new baby duck. Ad for free in CL, turns out the folks had 4, turned them out at 4 1/2 weeks on the pond in their backyard but didnt have a nite time pen for them so his buddies fed the coyotes. [​IMG]
    The folks wanted a new home for this lil guy before the same thing happened to him, so I got it. I am pretty sure its a girl, really. In quarantine right now, but got a 6 week old pretty sure its a Pekin duck, or duckling. Young teen duck. [​IMG] Still cheeps amid the quacks. So funny and a wee bit of fuzz on it as well.

8. Jenifer72

Jenifer72 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2010
    Iowa
    Not sure if it's been mentioned here but there is a poultry/animal auction in South Sioux City, Ne this Saturday May 1st at the Dakota Thurston County fair grounds starts at 9:00am

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  9. DuckiesAndBees

DuckiesAndBees Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Hi! [​IMG] I'm from Bellevue, NE and I just recently got some ducklings for my little backyard farm. I had ducks growing up but these are the first I've had in quite awhile. I have two pekins and a rouen, all around 6 weeks old. I'm looking to add a couple more this summer. I would like to get a cayuga and/or runner, but I like all ducks! If anyone has babies or is hatching eggs near Omaha (I'd be willing to travel up to an hour or so) I'd be interested in buying a couple! Thanks!

10. llrumsey

llrumsey Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2011
    Panhandle of Nebraska, between, Alliance, Sidney, Scottsbluff.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by