Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
frow.gif
Howdy fellow Nebraskians!!! My ducks and I are soaking up all this rain south of North Platte
wee.gif

Hey DuckiesandBees,

I hatched 3 Welsh Harlequin ducklings and was gonna put more in the bator but not getting any interest in my CL posting. I have them in with a lone lil African gosling right now but she keeps plucking their down.
roll.png
If your interested, let me know altho I have to warn you one is naked, sis started crying when she saw her and said she looks like she is ready to be roasted! So I suppose being with goosie is a no-no. One is a girl, one is a boy and one I have no idea about altho I probably should keep one til I get another gosling.

thndrdncer! Sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. I've had a crazy last month....I don't even know where to start really. Its just been a rough chunk of time and this weather hasn't really helped much I suppose haha

How is everything going for you over your way? I finally shut my incubator down for a bit to give me a break and a chance to get myself caught up on other parts of life for a bit. I do still want to get some Blue Orpington eggs from you when I get some of my slacker hens to finally lay. I'll turn the incubator back on and if all works out hopefully will be able to pop some of yours in.

I'm determined to get back into some sort of schedule resembling a routine....no more chaos for me for a while if I can help it.

Hey guys - just checking in. (Hi Jill, long time no hear!!)

All enjoying the start of summer (except the rain)?

Lots of flooding going on, none by us thank goodness...

Not much has changed in our coop, we've lost a few chickens, gained a couple. Have two baby ducks waddling around outside, after mom hatched 13 and was so useless she kept stepping on them.
I have a Buff sitting on about 10-12 eggs, they're due to hatch early next week, they'll be all mixed breeds. I have Two roo's - a polish crested and a Mille fleur D'uccle.. I do know the Buff has 4 green eggs from one of our Arucana girlies.. should be interesting.

Anyhoo - stay dry!
big_smile.png

Wildsky! Didnt know if ya were even still alive out there!
Gila, how ya been?
How is everyone out there?

Boy isnt this a popping thread? All the other states actually chat to one another. sigh....

I hatched about 50 chicks, ducks, poults, keets, but having a hard time sellin them. Everyone wants em way cheap.
sad.png
Going crazy trying to take care of everything tho. I thought $3 per chick was pretty good price. Maybe when feed stores are totally out, we will have some buyers.

Lost an orp hen today, went out and she was passed away in the coop, and stupid roo was being nasty self. I dislike that rooster.

Things are going along, finally selling house in town, thank goodness! But prob after prob, want hubby's sig, I got power of attorney before he left just in case this happened, now they say they not sure they will accept it, bleh bleh bleh. One thing after another here. Just shoot me now. Nope dont do that, chicks would starve. Hmmm....

Kinda been casually looking for a place to the south, gonna have to seriously downsize and I hate winters, not just hate but health is almost not up to makin it thru them. My lungs freeze up in air colder than 30 and I actually gasp for air this last two years.

Most places cheap enuff in are itty bitty towns tho, not OUTSIDE of town, and sure hate to give up my peas, dog, etc. Dont mind itty bitty, just would love an acreage style off the highway. Never want to live on a busy road again. Did it for 30 years, now give me the end of a dead end somethin or other! Taxes are just too much here, so lookin for somethin oklahoma, arkansas area. Cheap taxes and a bit warmer clime than Nebraska for sure. Darned husband. Sure left us in a bind. I am super tired all the time from just my mind trying to figure out how to pay bills.
sad.png

Anyhow, didnt mean to not be upbeat. Hey, saw Royal Palm turkey babies at O's in Lincoln marked down to $6 to get rid of them, awesome price!!!

Jill what the heck happened with the hubby? Sounds like he's being a jerk. !!!

II had to help a chickie out yesterday, the shell got totally crushed for some reason, and I could hear it peeping its little heart out - I helped it just a little at a time, I think it was a forced early hatch, some blood and stuff, I didn't think the little poop would make it. It was alive this morning and all fluffed up - looking really great.

This evening I see two eggs have pipped... I can't hardly wait to see the little boogers. Daddy on this last one was a Polish Crested, Mom my buff girlie. She has some green eggs under there, I can't WAIT to see if they hatch and what the babies look like.

We got BAKED today in the heat, it got up to 103 at our place, a real stinkin test your deodorant day for sure!!

tongue2.gif

Hey Chelle,

Hot as blue blazes here today too. My puter weatherbug read 101 but local said it wasnt that hot. I think it possibly was!
lol.png

Hubby basically decided his family in South America was more important and needed him more than we do here I guess. I dont think he realizes what a wreck he is putting us in financially.

Whatever can go wrong lately has. Nephew finally found new job, then got infection, was hospitalized, got fired, stressed him to the max WHILE he is in hospital, then when he gets out, they told him they made a mistake.
We been fighting with Dish network, finally just quit it as our 2 year contract was up. They sent us boxes to sent the stuff back with a HUGE flyer saying "call about our comeback special, within 30 days of your quitting service!" We called, on the phone for an hour an half and was told "we dont really want you back!". lol Isnt that somethin?

What lovely customer service they have. So we currently have no cable but cant afford it anyhow right now.

Havent heard anymore bout needing hubby's sig, the lawyers are "talking" to each other. If we dont get that thing sold soon I wont be able to make house payment next month. Got hubby's last check, thank goodness it was a balloon one but they took out insurance and I tried to get prescription filled and it was denied, so gonna have to fight to have the insurance payment given back, or something. They took it out, and had a letter saying it should be good, but was denied. Insulin (Lantus) is $300 a bottle, so OUCHIE. Use a bottle a week, eeks.

I had a friend hatch a whole bunch of eggies, now what do I do with em? She dropped half of them today, so I have about 25 chicks, 2 keets, 3 poults, and heck if I know what else. A guy wanted to pick up 40 chicks but he wanted em for el cheapo. He kept saying another lady sells hers for $1, etc etc. Anyhow we worked out a deal, but then he renigged and said he wanted at least 40 and I just didnt have enuff and he wanted older ones, etc. Blech... I kind of feel like some folks just try to wring ya dry. I have some older ones but dont want to sell them for a buck when I have fed them and taken care of them long enuff to go outside, etc for two or three months. Eeeesh.

Oh and another thing...thought this stray cat that was pregnant had aborted. Whoops. Found five kittens in garage today!

Well its supposed to cool down later in the week at least.
smile.png

Wow Jill, what a nightmare!

When you hit the bottom, you'll bounce back - I'm pretty sure of that!

We've had enough rain now for a while, but I'm sure there will be more soon, its neverending ..... we're going to float away!

Welcome Scarlet54 - you guys had a good storm a couple of nights ago, from what I saw on the radar! Stay dry!!!

Hi everyone, I'm from Fremont. I've been on the forum for a little while, mostly reading. We have 8 hens, and are still working on the coop, and slowly incorporating the great ideas here into our plans. LOL Hubby is giving up part of his garden area for the run, bless his heart.
smile.png

I've currently got one leghorn with Bumble foot, so I'm going to have to do the surgery. Not looking forward to that, but the poor girl is miserable, so it has to be done.

I'm still really new to chickens, so lots to learn here.

Hope everyone is surving the heat, and the flooding around Omaha/CB area. What a mess.

Back
Top Bottom