Nebraskans Speak Up!!! NEBRASKA ROCKS!!

Pics
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ates-center-ks-feb-25th-and-26th#post_8325519

Here is the link to the information on the K & L Auction in Yates Center, Kansas. The sale will be February 25th and 26th.

Check the website for consignments when the sale time gets closer.
www.kramerlivestockfarm.com and go to the livestock sale page.

Expecting a large amount of animals.
100+ sheep and goats
25+ exotic cattle
several llamas and alpacas
50+ mini horses and donkeys
300-500+ cages of Poultry
100-200+ cages of house birds and warm room animals
Plus equipment.

Wow, us Nebraskan's are a rowdy bunch, aren't we? LOL How's everyone doing? Just checking in.

Had a great winter here. Only one of my girls got sick, and had to medicate her. Other than that, its been so mild that I'm grateful, since it was my first winter.

Wow, us Nebraskan's are a rowdy bunch, aren't we? LOL How's everyone doing? Just checking in.

Had a great winter here. Only one of my girls got sick, and had to medicate her. Other than that, its been so mild that I'm grateful, since it was my first winter.

Yeah, the thread's gotten pretty quiet lately....maybe we should change that eh?
wink.png

It was pretty mild here and overall had a pretty easy go of it. Getting geared up for spring with starting seed, doing some moving of birds to prepare the breeding pens for the season. Also going to be doing some building of more pens to help the organization here... Also hatched out my first batch of chicks 3 weeks ago yesterday and they are giants already!

The Cornhusker poultry club double show will be coming up in Scribner at the end of April. Hope some of you can make it! The other show here in Nebraska is not until the fall, but will be held in Lincoln. Should be interesting, as I somehow managed to get voted in to be the show secretary. I've done it in the past, but need to get to planning things asap to get rid of the rusty-ness. haha

hello Nebraska! it's Been a while since I have been on BYC. had to take an extended break from the chicken world.. We welcomed our fifth child into the world last year ( yes five ;) we had a fire in our coop (total loss). Have since built a new bigger better coop and a brooder house. Incubator is up and going and I am slowly sneaking in chickens...hoping my husband doesn't notice LOL! here we go again.....:/

hello Nebraska! it's Been a while since I have been on BYC. had to take an extended break from the chicken world.. We welcomed our fifth child into the world last year ( yes five
wink.png
we had a fire in our coop (total loss). Have since built a new bigger better coop and a brooder house. Incubator is up and going and I am slowly sneaking in chickens...hoping my husband doesn't notice LOL! here we go again.....
hmm.png

Hello neighbor...well...not literally, but you are not far. Do your kids go to Waverly? I live north of there.
What kinda chickens do you have? Always good to meet people close by that are into poultry!
frow.gif

Yes, Actually my twins go to Waverly, they are seniors this year. I am changing things up with my chickens now. I really love the cochin bantams especially the frizzles. They are in the bator now. I will also have naked necks and I just got four beautiful silkies!

Yes, Actually my twins go to Waverly, they are seniors this year. I am changing things up with my chickens now. I really love the cochin bantams especially the frizzles. They are in the bator now. I will also have naked necks and I just got four beautiful silkies!

Sounds like are going to have your hands full with lots of chicks this spring eh?
wink.png
Don't worry...you won't be alone..I already have 33 chicks that are 3 weeks old that I hatched out and haven't even started my hatching season yet....sigh

I saw some article in the Wav paper with all the twins and triplets in the senior class...that's crazy! I was in awe there were so many!

OH...by the way..do you ever make it to the show at the lancaster event center in Nov? Cochins are pretty popular there and people always have stock for sale
wink.png
(yes, this would be me playing an enabler haha)

Yes, My twins are in that article. The crazy thing is all of those twins and triplets are all seniors too! Do you have kids there? I was looking at your pictures! Wow! You are up and going! I think this warm weather has only fed into the chicken addiction! :). Trying to pace myself!
probably doesn't help that the incubator is on my nightstand....LOL. with my new little one up and running around and into everything I am keeping them close and off limits to little hands! You know along with the flashlight so I can periodically check the temp and humidity through the night! ;). did I mention that my husband is a very tolerant soul? :lol:

Just noticed that you did write seniors....believe it or not I have never been to a poultry show in Nebraska. I am from Colorado so we would go to the stock show every year etc. I will most definately be going! would like to try to get my ten year old into 4h . just not real sure how to start the process....

Back
Top Bottom