Necropsy in El Paso TX

PAX

Does anyone know of a place that does necropsy in El Paso TX or Las Cruces, NM?
A hen of ours just died, and we would like to find out what happened.
One thing you can do is mail the body in to your state lab for testing.
I think @Kiki maintained a list of all state labs - but I am sure you can find it quite easily. They will have a website that gives instructions on how to mail in a body. It must be refrigerated but not frozen, and at least double-bagged.
I called my state lab and they were very helpful explaining how to mail in the body.

None of the state labs are close to you but you can mail to any of them!
1708516774278.png

Call this one:
Full Service Laboratory
Phone: 806.651.7478
Toll Free Phone: 888.646.5624
Fax: 806.651.7477
Finance/Account Information: 979.458.3207

Courier/GPS Address

3209 Russell Long Blvd.
Canyon, TX 79016

USPS Mailing Address
WT Box 60818
Canyon, TX 79016

Consultations
When calling for a consultation, please review the TVMDL Consultation Guide to get the most out of your call.

To protect our client’s confidentiality, we are only able to share test results with the client on record (i.e., the clinic or person paying the bill).

Hours of Operation
Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday morning specimen drop-off, 8 a.m. – 12 noon*

* Necropsy services are available Monday-Friday during regular business hours.

Secure, climate controlled specimen lockers are accessible 24 hours/day at the College Station and Canyon locations. Large animals delivered after hours that require assistance will incur an additional $125 fee.

The best thing is to ship overnight via FedEx. The sooner the better. An alternative is to do a home necropsy taking pictures of the abdominal organs to post here for opinions. Take pictures of how the abdomen looks intact, and then separate the organs on puppy pads or an old towel, sheet, etc. Give any details about symptoms, egg laying problems, crop, etc.

PAX

Wow, that's amazing! Thank you so much for helping! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom