Necropsy results, is not coryza or CRD--parasites are rampant!!!

When you get the valbazen, dose them orally 1/2cc for standards and 1/4cc for smaller birds. Redose them again in 10 days to kill larva hatched from eggs. There's a 24 day withdrawal from start to finish.

First want to say Thanks for all the helpful info you have posted. Do you by chance know the dosing for the Safeguard goat liquid wormer for Chickens?
D.gif
It's the same as valbazen as stated above.

You are doing fine! Dawg is fantastic and helping with this! How are your chooks doing?

My chooks are doing great. Started laying, day before Thanksgiving. They are slowly starting, and the most I have gotten in a day, is 3 eggs, but seems no ill affects after ODing them on the safeguard, so far any way!

It's VERY cold, very early this year, with no electric yet, it's been rough keeping their water from freezing...but am changing out their water often...they no longer want to go outside...we have snow and wind...so they are cooped up, most likely for the winter. I try to keep them occupied with scratch to help them stay warm and get them turning their bedding...give them 2-3 whole apples once a week also and have cleared up all the loose or runny poo's.

Have gotten 13 eggs, and one soft shell, laid at night on the poop board, frozen solid...so we are doing pretty good!

Thanks so much for asking! How are yours' doing?

Roundworms, or nematodes, are parasites that can infect people according to University of Maryland!

Dang it Dawg.... I had my heart set on making Chocolate Covered Feces treats with red Sprinkles for the Mother-in-law this Christmas. Have to figure out something else now.

Back
Top Bottom