Necropsy results, is not coryza or CRD--parasites are rampant!!!

Scary. I got a shock a few months ago when 10 week old chicks had roundworms!!! Yuck.

I hope alot of people have read this and decided not to rely on natural remedies. I think natural remedies are good for preventatives, but worms and lice and mice need the big bad chemicals regularly.

Can anyone tell me what the symptoms were for the OPs chickens? I've only wormed with Wazine, and have had some very odd issues. My 2 weaker birds seem to be showing Vit deficiency. Now I'm wondering if it's because of worms. I can supplement like mad, but if the initial issue is worms, I'm just supplementing the worms
sickbyc.gif

I don't agree with worming routinely. I do worm my chickens but only after I KNOW what type of worms they have.
Find a vet who will do a fecal check for you and take him some chicken poop in a ziplock bag.
Then you will know what type of worms your flock has - if any and you can choose a wormer that kills that type of worm.
There are many types of worms and many different wormers. Don't guess. Don't lose 24 days of eggs when you don't even know if your flock has worms.
Don't give a wormer that someone on this site likes because that wormer may not kill the type of worms your chickens have.
Pay the $15-20 for a fecal test and find out what you are dealing with. It will save you eggs, your chicken's health and also money.

1) dawg53 I have a question about the safeguard paste wormer. (or anyone else) I got some a year ago and used it, but then later heard some people say that the medication in the paste was not evenly distributed and it was not a good idea to use this. So, what is the right answer?
smile.png

2)My dog eats chicken poop. Should I be worried?

3) Op I know you mentioned firststatevet (or someone did) There are a few articles on that page and one of them is titled Something about color in your bird. He goes through a whole liteny of things to do to improve chickens health. One of them being Meomycin. This is why I bring this up. He doesnt explain why but just says it a good thin to give. You would have to read the article as I cant really explain it. You know where it is.
wink.png

4) Is all buttermilk the same? Or are their certain brands? Like organic?

Last edited:
O well I think if anybody would know it would be you.
smile.png

Good thread.

In Wisconsin the NPIP checks for pollurum only. And then checks your coop for cleanliness and if you have enough space.

Some states also test for AI. I am not sure about MG, I see it on the forms we fill out but is not mandatory here. It is mandatory for turkeys though. I am sure the state can let you know what all need sto be done to pass it. I think it is more nerve wracking than anything. I certainly hope you dont have any disease on their radar. That would be aweful. Chances are you dont.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom