Need a fast answer before these babies end up on a dinner plate

Not sure... didn’t ask... I thought they were meat bird but I’ve been wrong before and just wanted to double check before I bought them.... there useless to me being a meat bird even if they are white rocks... still useless for showing....
I agree that these birds would not be good for showing, but am a bit confused by what you consider a show bird. Many fairs have classes for meat birds so you could still win, just in a different class. Also, White Plymouth Rocks (from proper lines of course) can be great show birds. Any APA breed/variety would be good to show, best of show doesn't discriminate on the purposes/looks of breeds, just how well they meet their respective standards. Perhaps you mean you like more ornamental breeds?

I agree that these birds would not be good for showing, but am a bit confused by what you consider a show bird. Many fairs have classes for meat birds so you could still win, just in a different class. Also, White Plymouth Rocks (from proper lines of course) can be great show birds. Any APA breed/variety would be good to show, best of show doesn't discriminate on the purposes/looks of breeds, just how well they meet their respective standards. Perhaps you mean you like more ornamental breeds?
meat birds are not to Australian standard for showing here.... there are no classes for meat birds...

They look like a slightly lighter version of Freedom Ranger. Mine had a little more red to them than those guys, unless the color is off in the picture due to the lighting. Too many feathers for CX.

Back
Top Bottom