Need a fast answer before these babies end up on a dinner plate

Poultry mum

Crowing
Jan 22, 2021
Australia
Guys I need to know what breed these chicks are.... person selling had no idea and doesn’t want them threaten to kill them if they can’t find a home... they think they may be either leghorn or cornish... please help...!,
C42C8312-4FCB-4740-BC9C-9E394CCB61A0.png
4CCA8B61-44D6-496C-AE4F-72757A6D95A6.png

Definitely not Leghorns.

How old? They look like meat birds of some sort. Those breasts are huge.
Not sure... didn’t ask... I thought they were meat bird but I’ve been wrong before and just wanted to double check before I bought them.... there useless to me being a meat bird even if they are white rocks... still useless for showing....

All good guys thanks.... I thought they may have been cornish from on of the 1st lot of photos I saw I knew they were a meat bird... possibly broiler or something... they are no good to me being a meat bird... I’m more into showing than killing (simply can’t do it don’t have the heart or the stomach for it)... thanks again guys

I agree that these birds would not be good for showing, but am a bit confused by what you consider a show bird. Many fairs have classes for meat birds so you could still win, just in a different class. Also, White Plymouth Rocks (from proper lines of course) can be great show birds. Any APA breed/variety would be good to show, best of show doesn't discriminate on the purposes/looks of breeds, just how well they meet their respective standards. Perhaps you mean you like more ornamental breeds?
meat birds are not to Australian standard for showing here.... there are no classes for meat birds...

Back
Top Bottom