Need a home for special needs duck

Glenda Sue

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014
East Texas
I have a two week old Cayuga duckling with badly twisted legs. I've tryed taping them together since day one. His left leg is twisted all the way up in his hock. We don't have the money to take him to the Vet. I'm trying to find a home around the Houston area for him. We don't know what else to do.

I have a two week old Cayuga duckling with badly twisted legs. I've tryed taping them together since day one. His left leg is twisted all the way up in his hock. We don't have the money to take him to the Vet. I'm trying to find a home around the Houston area for him. We don't know what else to do.
See if you can find an avian vet that you can surrender it to. Many will try to rehab them and find homes for them.

-Kathy

I think you might be able to find someone through the Where Am I Where Are You or Free Rehoming forums, but you need to be sure that the person will keep the duckling as a pet, if that's what you want.

Yes I still have him. I would really like to find a good home for him. I can't keep him in our house because of our dogs. I can't put him out with the other ducks because he can't walk. I don't know what to do.

Back
Top Bottom