need a quail meat recipe for pot luck

yallapilko

Songster
7 Years
Nov 13, 2012
I'm taking quail meat as a dish for a pot luck and I'm wondering what is everyones favourite quail meat recipe. I would like some inspiration!!
I'd like something that will taste great as most people going havn't eaten quail before...
Help!!!

I don't have any quail yet, and don't know any recipes. I know it is frustrating when you don't get any replies! So here it goes... my advice would be to check out the "forum tab", look for the "social" tab, move over to "egg, chicken, & other favorite recipes" and then click search this forum. You might get lucky and find something super delicious! I would definitely do a test run with a recipe or two before you take it to the pot luck, especially with an unfamiliar recipe!

Good luck!!!

Thanks Freeflyin and James Marie,
I've looked as the links - so many to choose from !!!
Emerils look quite fancy. I'd like to do something impressive, but like you say some practice would be in order. Hey that means more eating of tasty quail,... no problem!
I did an experimental dish this evening (Burbon and honey marinated quail) but I can't say it was all that good. So, I'll try some more.
smile.png

I like the look of this one http://www.emerils.com/recipe/5992/Cognac-and-Bacon-Braised-Quail-with-Crostini.
Really appreciate your help. Thanks!

Stuff jalapeno and cheese in cavity then wrap in bacon grill till done
enjoy. Good old simple hunters recipe

Back
Top Bottom