Need advice about our ducklings!

Ours are 5 weeks old and are living in a raised flower bed frame in the garage until I can get their pen finished. I use straw too. Was just going through too many pine shavings to keep that up. However, with straw, you are going to end up with standing water underneath it. We have a tarp down on the garage floor to help with warmth and to keep the stinky water out of the cement. We do get water runoff from the sides though.

I use a chick waterer that the get their beaks into. Mine make the biggest mess just by drinking. Half of it goes in their mouth, the other half sprays out the sides! I think anyone with ducks just gets finds the best way to keep them warm and halfway dry through the brooding process then gets them outside as soon as possible! It's all worth it though!

Some more great advice. Thank you! I think you're right, kodiakchicken...you just do what you can to keep them comfy and safe until you can get their precious little feathered butts outside!
lol.png
I got a little bit bigger brooder today and got some of the puppy pads and the combination seems to be working so far, so I'm crossing my fingers and we'll see how it goes. Thank you all for your input.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom