need advice and ID on these shamo chickens... PICS!... *updated*

Quote:
sigh... i should've just put in the thread tittle don't click if you're gonna say bad stuff about the pictures...

and i'm way too tired to start anything right now... but if you knew how these birds are raised for meat and fighting in the country of origin you would realize that these guys are in paradise... your post has no value what's so ever on the life of these birds... please keep them to yourself...

thanks...

man... i really want to go see them in person... i actually can't wait to get them... i feel like i'm rescuing them from a shelter or something... HAHAHA... if i could, i would take as many as i can, but i just can't afford it... i wonder if he will trade me more stuff for a trio... i do want that brown hen just 'cause she's pretty, and a pair of whites...

The heads are too snakey to be Shamo. Kulm or Kulum[not sure of the spelling] is the Asil type chicken that became the Brittish show Malay. Desi is the term used for meat crosses of that type. I think that would describe them very well. Ask what name they use for them. Tom

Quote:
i googled everything that you said, and i can't find much... i did find desi chickens... they look like a cornish with a shamo's head... LOL... i talked to his dad today, he wants me to give him some tips on breeding for type and maybe becoming a breeder and not just for eating... so i'm getting them some broilers (still don't know which ones), some silverlaced wyandottes for eggs, and a pair of my giant cochins for dual purpose and broody hens....

anyways, he told me that his friend from work would breed them for show... so he got 5 pairs from him, at 200 a pair... wow... now i don't think they are that poor... LOL...
either way, i'm taking home a pair... i'm gonna see if i take home a pair of white, if not that wheaton colored one with the red neck feathers... but i dunno... i'll see what i will get... i'll take pics...

Quote:
sigh... i should've just put in the thread tittle don't click if you're gonna say bad stuff about the pictures...

and i'm way too tired to start anything right now... but if you knew how these birds are raised for meat and fighting in the country of origin you would realize that these guys are in paradise... your post has no value what's so ever on the life of these birds... please keep them to yourself...

thanks...

I'm sorry I still stand by what I said I didn't mean to offend you if you think that is an OK way to keep chickens even meat chickens. I would fear anything keep in those conditions and someone going out and slaughtering it for me to eat.

My uncle raises meat chickens he is 70 years old and has all his life and his are not kept like that not even in his younger days. Sorry nothing you can say to me is going to change how I feel for those poor chickens.

Those birds are Thai Game fowl, or something very similar. They are not Shamo, or Malay, or Asil or anything like that. The heads are just too long and narrow, as are the beaks.

well i got them... they look very shamo to me... here are some pics i took before the sun went down... i didn't prepare for the size of these guys... so i took out my OEGB flock, put them with my baby giant cochins and stuck the shamo's in with them... i also have a pair of pigeons with the OEGB's, but today they're going to shack up with me tonight... hahahaha...

well here are their pics...

btw, i got one of the most beat up hens... i felt so bad for her, and i know she's ugly and everything, but i really like her... that, and she looks to be blue laced red... that's my favorite color in birds... and i got a handsome rooster...

shamo.jpg

shamo2.jpg

shamo3.jpg

shamo4.jpg

like i said, she is very beat up... there's even a hole in her head, i guess from all the breeding... so tomorrow, i'm going to separate her from him and medicate her...

surprisingly, all of their shamo's were healthy, nice but just beat up from their feathers... the pair i took were in a huge cage... all the other ones were just in small little cages... i felt so bad, but was amazed on how quiet these chickens are... my OEGB are a lot louder than these guys... okay also, these people were very poor... the dad told me that his friend gave them 4 pairs to start, and he takes half of the chicks that are born... but, i talked to the man about breeding for type, and i think i'm going to be incubating and brooding chicks for him... i'm also going to help them rebuild their cages, and like i said, i'm going to give him some dual purpose birds so they stop eating these... also, the man grows and farms dragon fruit... that's kind of how he gets most of his income other than his little cash that he gets a year... so i think i would rather have him sell some aight shamo pairs and eggs to support and feed the birds... they really can't afford to feed these chickens, so they give them rice...

i feel really bad... but i'm going to help these people as much as possible... and i love my new kids... and he's so HUGE!!!... i didn't know they were this big... and they're very young too... he said they have more to grow... wow...

Man Gumbii, those are some wild looking velociraptors you got there!
ep.gif
I can't wait to sse how they will look after you give them quality food, clean house and TLC. How tall are they now?? You just GOTTA bring them with to the meet-up!
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom