Need advice ASAP!

Ok This is her first hatching And I’ve heard horror stories of serial mothers. Right now they are in the coop should I move them to their own space now or after the hatching and imprinting?
If it's any consolation, that egg looks fantastic compared to what the egg my broody crushed looked like. I just wet the membrane with coconut oil and slipped it back under her. I do believe she assisted it hatching as there were pieces of the egg shell in front of her in the nest.
She too is a first time mother. She not only is raising her lone chick but also the 6 bantam chicks I took from their horrible mother. The 3 week old bantams accepted the hatchling without issue and mom is doing a great job.
IMG_20200809_113826524.jpg

I believe it’s from one of my sapphire gems, father was blue laced red Wyandotte, so handsome, unfortunately neighbors weren’t happy with a rooster in the area and I had to rehome him not to long ago. At least I got something to remember him by hopefully it’s a girl lol

I believe it’s from one of my sapphire gems, father was blue laced red Wyandotte, so handsome, unfortunately neighbors weren’t happy with a rooster in the area and I had to rehome him not to long ago. At least I got something to remember him by hopefully it’s a girl lol
Ugh that's so annoying! Were the neighbors right on the law or just complaining? At least you have his chick to remember him by, as you said. I'll pray it's a girl to be easier for you to keep, but otherwise if you're not breaking any laws I say let them complain. Are they close to you? Are they not thrilled about you having chickens in the first place? Were they most upset about the crowing or afraid that the rooster might attack them or their animals?

Back
Top Bottom