Need advice dealing with pigeon racism in loft

LamarshFish

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 26, 2015
I added four new squeakers to my loft of four young birds. My existing four were all blue. My four new birds are two blues, a red and a silver. My blues are bullying my silver and red around. They go after them when they want to come in the aviary. I don't think it's because they're new, because the other two new birds that are blue don't get harassed.

Any advice? Will they eventually settle down? I will post a video of an example of what they're doing below.

I can't seem to upload the video, but it is basically anytime my silver or red squeaker try to join the others in the aviary, they (the blues) run at them and peck at them and try to get them to go back in the loft.

I can't seem to upload the video, but it is basically anytime my silver or red squeaker try to join the others in the aviary, they (the blues) run at them and peck at them and try to get them to go back in the loft.
Can you upload to YouTube or the other one I don't know how to spell... Vimeo? That's how others upload videos.

Can you upload to YouTube or the other one I don't know how to spell... Vimeo? That's how others upload videos.

I will try, but it is just a video of my silver squeaker trying to get into and around the aviary, and a few of the blues pecking at her and chasing her around. (Not sure if it's a female, just said "her" for simplicity sake.) The video is not very long, but they seem to be doing this to her most of the time, and therefore she is sort of forced to stay in the loft....

Back
Top Bottom