Need ADVICE on a guy lol GIRL ADVICE!! LOL

Quote:
Have we met lol
cool.png

I've lived in a lot of places, but never Virginia. Were you ever a waitress (sorry waitperson) in Gun Barrel City, Texas. That's where this incident occurred, about 30 years ago.
hide.gif

Quote:
Chemistry is enough to get you into trouble. It's a wonderful thing if the guy is ALSO your best friend, shares your values and faith, and shares your goals.

But if you've got the important stuff, the chemistry comes easily. I have seen many very destructive relationships that had great chemistry, but no shared values, and no shared respect, and it can be very destructive.

It took me till age 29 to figure that out, but now I have been married to my best friend for 26 years and it's wonderful. Much better than being "crazy in love", with all the fear and jealousy and stress that goes along with that. That stuff may be fun for a season, but if it doesn't also develop the spiritual same-mindedness and mutual respect and friendship that is the better part of love, it becomes a ball and chain.

Best advice: Don't manipulate. Be yourself. Treat others, all others, including "prospects", with the kind of respect and honor with which you would like to be treated. Be a friend and see what develops.

Peace

Advice from a guy here. Tell him how you feel. If he's a sensible guy he wont get freaked out or anything by you telling him. Oh, and dont just kiss him out of nowhere, thats how you could creep him out. Now if he does like you, then that might be a different story
wink.png

Quote:
Chemistry is enough to get you into trouble. It's a wonderful thing if the guy is ALSO your best friend, shares your values and faith, and shares your goals.

But if you've got the important stuff, the chemistry comes easily. I have seen many very destructive relationships that had great chemistry, but no shared values, and no shared respect, and it can be very destructive.

It took me till age 29 to figure that out, but now I have been married to my best friend for 26 years and it's wonderful. Much better than being "crazy in love", with all the fear and jealousy and stress that goes along with that. That stuff may be fun for a season, but if it doesn't also develop the spiritual same-mindedness and mutual respect and friendship that is the better part of love, it becomes a ball and chain.

Best advice: Don't manipulate. Be yourself. Treat others, all others, including "prospects", with the kind of respect and honor with which you would like to be treated. Be a friend and see what develops.

Peace

Congratulations on your success Frostbite! That IS good advice, but I haven't experienced chemistry that way. I based a marriage on friendship and goals, and it could have lasted, but I wasn't really happy because I wasn't really in love. The chemistry doesn't just develop, in my opinion, its either there or it isn't. This is just my opinion based on my life (both mistakes and good choices).....and I agree if the guy doesn't like you, you might freak him out by giving him a quick peck, but it sounds like he likes you. Please understand, I don't advise to rush into all relationship activities. Wait for true love. If he loves you, he will wait for you. And even if he doesn't love you now, if he is a gentleman (worthy of you!), he should respect your wise decision to take it slow. Perhaps I just believe that action is the key to making things happen, more so than words sometimes, but I suppose just telling him how you feel could prompt him to kiss you and move forward in a more-than-friends relationship. Good luck
wink.png

That's a remarkable thing about people, we are all so different. I don't think there's ever a one sized fits all solution to any interpersonal issue.

That's what makes it so very interesting, sometimes frustrating, sometimes heartbreaking, and sometimes very rewarding.

Geez guys and gals, y'all must've had some bad kisses before lol!

A kiss never freaked me out..... That said, on a first kiss, I don't expect to be tackled and held down then slobbered on and choked..... Shoot, that might excite me.... Wait, I digress.

The exploratory, i wanna know if you like me kiss starts with a moment..... then the lean in, both looking into one anothers eyes. That's where you will know.... If he is leaning and you are leaning, y'all bump foreheads and cross noses and the kiss happens. If one doesn't want "the kiss", then it won't happen cause someone will back away.... the lean in won't happen.

Well, I'm a guy, who can barely remember being 21 lol. I would have NEVER wanted to hang out with a girl, that I wasn't interested in. I don't see anything wrong with being honest. Tell him how you feel.

Back
Top Bottom