Need ADVICE on Bumblefoot!

You are welcome. I just read the first article. It's an easy read and explains everything to do.
If you don't have everything, you can get it tomorrow.
In the meantime, check your coop and run with a fine tooth comb.
Check the roost heights too.
Maybe they are too high for your girls hence the reason all 4 girls have it. Never know but, you'll have to fix the feet soon.
We've been checking things throughout the past few days, our perch is to high, and we need to rebuild a ramp for the door. We will probably rebuild new ones over the next few days and while doing that we will deep clean the coop.

Good idea. Also spray all the creases with Permethrin spray. To get rid of mites and anything else hiding out. Permission spray is the only thing that rids mites and lice.
I buy this and mix it in a sprayer and/or a Spray bottle. You can treat your chickens with this too. Include the roosts and ramp ect.

Attachments

• 20201023_164830.jpg
    20201023_164830.jpg
    526.6 KB · Views: 0
Good idea. Also spray all the creases with Permethrin spray. To get rid of mites and anything else hiding out. Permission spray is the only thing that rids mites and lice.
I buy this and mix it in a sprayer and/or a Spray bottle. You can treat your chickens with this too. Include the roosts and ramp ect.
Ok we will definitely look into it, we were planning on using apple cider vinegar.

That might drown them but,
It doesn't kill mites or lice. Permethrin has a dry stay rate of 28 days.
It is VERY effective mix per directions. It also keeps flys down so your girls don't get "Fly strike" and maggots are laid in the wounds of your chickens. That would be a grave situation for your chickens and very sad for you.

We were just planning on using it as a disinfectant.
apple cider vinegar is not a disinfectant

Vinegar doesn't work well as a disinfectant. According to EPA standards, a disinfectant should be able to kill 99.9 percent of disease-causing bacteria and viruses. Vinegar only works against some germs, like E. coli and Salmonella.

Is apple cider vinegar a disinfectant

Vinegar doesn't work well as a disinfectant. According to EPA standards, a disinfectant should be able to kill 99.9 percent of disease-causing bacteria and viruses. Vinegar only works against some germs, like E. coli and Salmonella.
Ok we will try permethrin.

Ok we will try permethrin.
It WORKS!!! you can treat your girls too. Spray under/inside they're wings and undercarriage. Spray the legs too.
If your girls don't let you handle them, do it first thing early before you let them out. Or if its warm where you are at night, spray them then. They are always easier to handle at roosting time.
Then set them on the roost.
I do any procedures ect at roosting time. It's a lot less stressful on them because it's been so hot here in Florida.
Remember to spray your coop good with the spray. Make sure your girls are outside. Wear a mask, gloves and eye covering.

It WORKS!!! you can treat your girls too. Spray under/inside they're wings and undercarriage. Spray the legs too.
If your girls don't let you handle them, do it first thing early before you let them out. Or if its warm where you are at night, spray them then. They are always easier to handle at roosting time.
Then set them on the roost.
I do any procedures ect at roosting time. It's a lot less stressful on them because it's been so hot here in Florida.
Remember to spray your coop good with the spray. Make sure your girls are outside. Wear a mask, gloves and eye covering.
Ok we will do that. We shouldn't have any problem spraying them down, they are very cuddly.

Back
Top Bottom