Need ADVICE on Bumblefoot!

We are feeding them layener layer pellet poultry feed.
Its Purina Layena Feed crumbles or Pellets.
Thats a good feed.
Also give them oyster shell alongside it in a dish or on the ground.
I feed the same but, with the added Omega.
I don't feed very much treats like Purina multigrain scratch or anything else. Ill give them occasional watermelon or fruits.
Stay stingy on your treats.
I received/ got advice on here BYC about feeding treats. It decreases egg production, makes the girls fat and increases sour crop chances. All of which are correct and I lost a RIR because of Gizzard impaction probably from the treats.
So, now no hard treats and ALWAYs offer free oyster shell.
How old are your girls?

Its Purina Layena Feed crumbles or Pellets.
Thats a good feed.
Also give them oyster shell alongside it in a dish or on the ground.
I feed the same but, with the added Omega.
I don't feed very much treats like Purina multigrain scratch or anything else. Ill give them occasional watermelon or fruits.
Stay stingy on your treats.
I received/ got advice on here BYC about feeding treats. It decreases egg production, makes the girls fat and increases sour crop chances. All of which are correct and I lost a RIR because of Gizzard impaction probably from the treats.
So, now no hard treats and ALWAYs offer free oyster shell.
How old are your girls?
The feed is pellets and we also get the added omega. We don't give them a lot of treats but they like sneaking in our house and eating all the cat food. Right now they are about two years old.

The feed is pellets and we also get the added omega. We don't give them a lot of treats but they like sneaking in our house and eating all the cat food. Right now they are about two years old.
Also I am very sorry about your chicken. This is our first set of chickens and we are hoping they live a long life.

Also I am very sorry about your chicken. This is our first set of chickens and we are hoping they live a long life.
Cat food!!! That's funny. Cat food does have a lot of protein in it because of the Fish. If you feed less than <10% treats, your girls are fine. Make sure they have Free grit such as oyster shell.
It sounds like your doing everything right. Now, you have to FIX and heal that Bumble Foot ASAP.
My poor RIR thankfully died within 45 min after I found her drinking TONS & TON of water. I actually was holding her on my lap when she died. As she was dying, I thanked her for all her delicious eggs and all the smiles and laughs she gave me. Then, I buried her in my garden.
It's all part of "chicken husbandry".
Thank you.

Cat food!!! That's funny. Cat food does have a lot of protein in it because of the Fish. If you feed less than <10% treats, your girls are fine. Make sure they have Free grit such as oyster shell.
It sounds like your doing everything right. Now, you have to FIX and heal that Bumble Foot ASAP.
My poor RIR thankfully died within 45 min after I found her drinking TONS & TON of water. I actually was holding her on my lap when she died. As she was dying, I thanked her for all her delicious eggs and all the smiles and laughs she gave me. Then, I buried her in my garden.
It's all part of "chicken husbandry".
Thank you.
It's a relief that we are doing what we should be. I love my girls they are as sweet as can be. We will get the bumblefoot treated I don't want them in anymore pain. Thankyou for all of your advice and help it has been extremely informative. I will keep you posted on how they are doing and I might ask more questions tomorrow if that is ok.

We just did some bumblefoot surgery earlier today on one of our hens. We soaked her foot in Epsom salt for about 15 minutes then was able to massage the “plug” off with our fingers. There was a nice little clean hole under it. We soaked her again for another 10 minutes then put disinfectant and (regular) Neospirin. Bandaged it and put her in the coop for the night. Will check in the morning.

It's a relief that we are doing what we should be. I love my girls they are as sweet as can be. We will get the bumblefoot treated I don't want them in anymore pain. Thankyou for all of your advice and help it has been extremely informative. I will keep you posted on how they are doing and I might ask more questions tomorrow if that is ok.
Thats is No problem.
You can also ask Wyorp Rock as she's one of the many Experts on here.
To tag her specifically, put an @ sign immediately before her name.
Good nite and keep up the good work.

Back
Top Bottom