need advice on incubator humidity

stormyeyz

Hatching
6 Years
Apr 9, 2013
Hello =)

This is our first time incubating anything. We get trial by fire with turkeys. So far so good on candling. We are doing a staggered hatch as we didn't know we could store eggs and only have the 1 pair. So to deal with the no turn increased humidity issue we bought an incubator with no turner for day 25. We have been trusting the humidity readings on the 1st incubator to this point. We decided to buy a digital thermometer/ humidity gauge combo for reptiles from the pet store thinking it would be more precise as we want it all to continue well. Well I am stumped and distressed now. Are the incubator hygrometers soo far off?? I was keeping my incubator at the 50% as recommended all this time and now that I bought this digital its saying I'm at 34%!! Have I already damaged my hatching by trusting this blasted machine? Possibility that the digital is in error? Thanks for any and all input. =)

Oh and buy the way our first egg is ready to move to the no turner incubator in about 4 days.

Hello =)

This is our first time incubating anything. We get trial by fire with turkeys. So far so good on candling. We are doing a staggered hatch as we didn't know we could store eggs and only have the 1 pair. So to deal with the no turn increased humidity issue we bought an incubator with no turner for day 25. We have been trusting the humidity readings on the 1st incubator to this point. We decided to buy a digital thermometer/ humidity gauge combo for reptiles from the pet store thinking it would be more precise as we want it all to continue well. Well I am stumped and distressed now. Are the incubator hygrometers soo far off?? I was keeping my incubator at the 50% as recommended all this time and now that I bought this digital its saying I'm at 34%!! Have I already damaged my hatching by trusting this blasted machine? Possibility that the digital is in error? Thanks for any and all input. =)
The 34% humidity should not have harmed your eggs but you will want to increase it at lockdown.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom