Need advice on which to buy!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Twin Mom, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Twin Mom

Twin Mom Out Of The Brooder

Jul 19, 2010
    Floresville, Texas
    Funds are limited to ~$125.00 So which brand of bater do you all recommend? Also would you go still air or fan? Know I need turner. I've been trying to compare different ones and I'm not sure what would be best. Any and all thoughts please. Thanks from a newbie with lots of eggs to hatch!

2. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    brinsea has a 10% off code good till Friday posted on their facebook page right now.

3. MountainChickenMama

MountainChickenMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 12, 2010
    I would say Brinsea too, the styrofoam ones are cheaper, but I believe hatch rates are better in Brinsea...

4. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I love my Brinsea mini advance. The brinsea website had the cheapest price.

5. artathart

artathart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    A brinsea Mini advance is on sle for $119 plus 10% with coupon (Which will just cover shipping) the Eco is $64 but doesnt have a turner. The larger Octagon Eco is on sale right now for $99 but you would need the option turner which is $50+ shipping

6. wowmanacat

wowmanacat Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Oak Grove AR
    Have you though about making one I did and it only ran me around $50, I still have work to do on mine to get it right but I have time.

7. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    I have only had a brinsea. I have the 40 DX & I don't even look at the temp because every time I looked in the past it was always perfect. I just add water for the humidity. Its a sweet machine. Go to the April Hatch A Long & look at the hatches. Its like anything you get what you pay for.

8. artathart

artathart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2011
    Quote:I was thinking of getting the 40 DX but it doesnt have a digital thermometer or settins does it???

9. Jake1297

Jake1297 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2011
    Western Maine
    I have a two Little Giants. One is still air with an egg turner used for incubation period. The other has circulation fan, this one is for lock down & hatching. Right now I am incubating in the still air with the turner in it. The temperature has been a steady 99F for the past 11 days. I have found them to both be very stable and reliable for a cheap incubator. If my hatches are off, I think the problem is most likely the egg not being fertile. Not the incubators. FYI, I don't touch the humidity while incubating, during lock down I'll bring it up to 55% to 60% humidity.

Don't be afraid to buy the cheap Styrofoams, whether it's a Little Giant or Hovabator.

10. snazzyboots

snazzyboots Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    baltimore
    i bought a hovabator 1602. if i could do it over i would have gotten something better. my hatch was ok but i wish i had a fan at least. i would rather spend a little more and get something better. good luck

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by