Need advise from those that sell Avon, Tupperware, or whatever

silverfilly

Peepin N' Cheepin
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
Kansas
OK folks I became an Avon rep tonight and went ahead and orderd the pages to make a couple catologs to sell the Miche Bags. I signed up to sell miche bags a few months ago but did not have the mony to invest in product but figured I really need to make some cash while im in school so Im going to try and start selling the bags with just a catolog.

AS far as Avon goes I am goig to be ordering a bunch of catologs for right now and not a lot of product to start with.

For those of you who do sell things fro home can you give me some ideas to be successfull? Ideas on geting your name and catologs out there that dont annoy people but rather make them want to buy?

Bulletin boards, local mailers, flyers etc etc are a great way to get your name out there. Good luck to you.

Make a list of all the people you know and start there. Once you start you will be surprised at how many people you know.

Remember even if you don't get a sale, politely ask for a referral. All those people on your list know just as many people as you do. Don't let your list of potential customers run out.

This time of year is great for holiday bazaars and craft shows. See if you can get into one if cost effective for you. Even if you don't sell anything, you will be getting your name out there. I have found customers who have lost their reps and didn't know how to go about getting a new one.

Always carry your stuff with you! You never know who is looking for an Avon rep!

I don't know what Avon has available as far as etools (I sell Gold Canyon) but use the internet. Email is just as effective as mail and way cheaper.

Stay in contact with your customers. Loyal repeat business and customers who rave about your customer service will drive more business your way.

Business cards! And give them out like candy! I just got a party booked from a card given out over three weeks ago. People hang onto them.

Good luck with the new ventures! HTH!

When i sold Avon I didnt keep product on hand but one thing that people love is samples, do they still have those?

SAMPLES!!! Avon samples are very inexpensive. I rarely knocked on doors, but left the catalogs on their doorstep. Hit the people you know first.

And if you want to give consideration to Tupperware, you can get a demonstration kit with alot of really cool stuff in it for around $80......

Quote:
+1
big_smile.png

Be enthusiastic about your product. If you love it because you use it, you can sell it.

I sell "relationship enhancement products"....Yes, I do THOSE parties! Anywho, I used to buy a TON of merchandise to have on hand. At one point I had over $2000 worth! But, I never had the stuff folks wanted...such is life. I would recommend keeping the top sellers and maybe a few of the current sale items and lots of samples. That way you arent' spending a lot of money on merchandise to sit around your house.

Also, I always carry catalogs and business cards. Like some one said about the cards pass them out, leave them everywhere you go. I also have a bumper sticker and liscense plate. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on advertising right now. Word of mouth from friends and family is better advertising and it's FREE! You might want to buy a hand bag or jacket or hat(if you wear them) with the Avon logo. That way you take it everywhere and YOU are the billboard!

Good luck!

I sold Avon, the only reason I stopped was, that's right, my chickens! I love Avon. Samples are great tools! I used labels that I typed on my computer, makes it easier to read. If you go to school, give them to your teachers, secretaries, etc. Be cheerful & kind, that goes a long way to selling anything! God bless, Theresa

Thanks for all the great advise everyone. I did sell Avon when I was in high school (long time ago) and I remember I made some extra cash I dont know why I stoped, only did it for like 6 months or so. Guess my first step is geting those buisness cards and some catologs. I did go ahead and sign up for the website so heres wishing me luck!

I did think about the tupperware I dont hear of anyone selling it anymore though maybe if this does not work out I will try that.

Back
Top Bottom